Account Executive – Ad Sales
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About our Job
The Account Executive (AE) position is responsible for selling multi-media advertising to non-endemic accounts in the Midwest/Central region. Represents all Outdoor Sportsman Group brands and platforms and works to schedule meetings, make presentations and provide solutions-oriented proposals, research and marketing elements to clients and agency decision-makers.
AE reports to SVP, Advertising Sales, and works closely with other Ad Sales leaders and team sellers. Position is based in OSG Chicago office.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and growing incumbent accounts by regularly determining client and agency initiatives, updating them on OSG opportunities and presenting proposals to support those initiatives
- Prospecting and developing new accounts and introducing those clients to all OSG brands and platforms
- Utilizing all OSG platforms and brands to generate maximum revenue growth
- Traveling and territory coverage is expected with this position
- Entertaining clients when possible at lunches, dinners or after-work gatherings and events
- Handling all requests both externally and internally pertaining to the territory
- Working closely with OSG team sellers to bring larger scale opportunities to the clients
- Maintaining all account records and activity through OSG internal CRM tool
- Keeping management informed of status by submitting regular activity reports
- Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on their activity
- Tracking all expenses and submitting them to management on a regular basis
- Maintaining professional knowledge by attending sales meetings and internal seminars, reviewing trade sources and participating in professional groups
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Determining client needs through consultative selling
- Developing multi-media, customized solutions utilizing all OSG platforms
- Building relationships with key decision-makers
- Presenting customized programs to audiences big and small
- Negotiating media packages
- Managing complex deals and tasks
- Good communicator internally and externally
We appreciate your interest in working with OSG Publishing but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement – Bachelor degree required.
- Experience Requirement – Minimum three years Ad Sales/Marketing experience.
- Licensure/Certification Requirement – None.