Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Controller
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
This position is an integral part of the Accounting team and helps to ensure that the month-end close process is as efficient and effective as possible. This position will assist in preparing statements in accordance with accounting guidelines to ensure accurate financial reporting and control, under the supervision of the Controller. Additionally, this position will provide a first-level analytical review and summary of the financial statements. Position title will be dependent on experience.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Assist in developing accounting policy and procedures, and administer approved accounting procedures.
- Participate in preparation and coordination of the annual audit for all entities.
- Record and review financial transactions necessary to produce internal and external financial statements.
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and reports. Review journal entries and monthly reporting for other entities as assigned.
- Review account reconciliations and research reconciling items timely.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Direct supervisory duties.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated accounting and finance knowledge and experience.
- Excellent systems aptitude and strong analytical skills.
- Excel at problem solving and detail oriented.
- General ledger knowledge and financial analysis skills a must.
- Excels in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritize and keep a positive attitude.
- High detail orientation and problem-solving skills required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate successfully with people at many levels within the company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- CPA preferred. Degree in accounting required.
- 3+ years of demonstrated accounting experience. Public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office software programs, with advanced Excel skills.
This position description represents an overview of the position and is not designed to cover all duties or requirements of the role.