Accounts Receivable & Credit Analyst II
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Founded in 2011, Major League Fishing (MLF) brings the high-intensity sport of competitive bass fishing into America’s living rooms on Outdoor Channel, Discovery, CBS, CBS Sports Network, World Fishing Network, Sportsman Channel and on-demand on MyOutdoorTV (MOTV). New for 2019, the Bass Pro Tour consists of eight events and a championship streamed live at www.MajorLeagueFishing.com and MOTV. MLF uses the entertaining and conservation-friendly catch, weigh and immediate-release format where every scorable bass counts and the winner is the angler with the highest cumulative weight.
About Our Job:
This position is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations. The Receivables & Credit Analyst II will work closely with the Director, Accounts Receivable & Collections and business partners with all AR functions for Major League Fishing, and the Controller with ad hoc projects. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers and sales representatives to provide information and support to facilitate prompt payment of invoices.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Create and maintain customer accounts, including billing information
- Review credit applications, and submit to supervisor for approval
- Maintain ledgers, credit balances, and resolve account discrepancies for customers in Wide Orbit
- Provide various reports to MLF staff in Tulsa
- Maintain intercompany transfers and reporting
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with other duties as assigned
- Maintain high level of customer service
- Billing duties will include but are not limited to, provide monthly revenue reports to MLF staff in Tulsa to approve billing; generate Wide Orbit broadcast, calendar, and demand billing each month; generate invoices from Great Plains as needed; review and post invoice batches created by MLF staff in Tulsa; Maintain invoice files
- Collections duties will include but are not limited to post and reconcile MLF customer payments to the GL and Wide Orbit prepare aging reports and lead monthly aging meetings; aging reports should include comments on all accounts > 60 days outstanding; send agings to staff in Tulsa each month or as requested; Initiate and manage all requests/escalations in vendor ticketing systems; Apply and reconcile approved credit adjustments
- Month-End duties will include but are not limited to complete journal entries for all Wide Orbit billing; calculate billing calendar cutoff journal entry; reconcile AR accounts to sub-ledger (Wide Orbit or Great Plains) monthly.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated accounts receivable or credit management knowledge.
- General ledger knowledge and strong analytical skills.
- High detail orientation and problem-solving skills required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excels in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment with the ability to keep a positive attitude.
- Ability to organize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate successfully with people at many levels within the company.
- Self-starter who strives for excellence and inspires others to do the same.
- Experience with TV traffic systems and/or Great Plains systems a plus.
We appreciate your interest in working for Outdoor Sportsman Group, but please do not apply if you do not have the following minimum qualifications for this position:
- Some accounting coursework required.
- Advanced Excel skills. Proficient in all other Windows and Microsoft Office software programs.