Ad Sales Marketing Director
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About Our Job:
The Ad Sales Marketing Director (MD) manages the creation and development of advertising sales programs and materials across 15 print publications, 19 websites and multiple social platforms. The MD is responsible for creating and building integrated marketing proposals, culling research, brainstorming ideas and strategies and developing client-facing materials.
In conjunction with the team leads and planning, the MD also develops and maintains initial project plans and subsequent updates for larger scope multi-media advertising programs which include television, print, digital and social elements. Based on project objectives and deliverables, the MD manages and/or develops presentations and pitch materials.
The MD supports and develops new growth and revenue opportunities for OSG by providing insight and best practices for print, digital and social sources.
The MD reports to EVP, Advertising Sales, and works closely with Ad Sales, Digital and Social departments and all print Publishers and Editors.
Job responsibilities will include:
Traditional Media – Work side-by-side with Ad Sales, Research and Publishers to develop and update endemic, non-endemic and brand proposal materials (e.g. media kits, upfront presentations, various new and renewable programs and national sales conference presentations).
- Working with print brands and Research, utilize primary and third-party research to address advertiser needs and deliver effective solutions.
- Provide Marketing ideas to enhance and/or tailor a program.
Digital Media – Work with Digital and Social departments to create and develop go-to-market sales and supporting research materials.
- Collaborate with Digital and Social leads and Ad Sales team for larger campaign re-caps and renewal/upsell strategies and opportunities.
- Create and provide planning and project management as needed.
- Proactively investigate trends for new revenue opportunities.
Multi-Media – Collaborate with various OSG departments to build and execute robust cross-platform sales programs, tent pole and sponsorship opportunities.
- Create comprehensive master plan(s) at various spend levels.
- Work with stakeholders to agree to deliverables and pricing.
- Ensure client-facing sales materials and plans are in-line with program offerings.
Marketing Solutions – Create and maintain KSE Ad Sales Marketing SharePoint files for all relevant employees to view ongoing and final Ad Sales, Marketing and Research materials that support Ad Sales marketing initiatives.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong design and creative marketing skills
- Ability to synthesize and interpret relevant data
- Fluid with team collaboration and collective success
- Outstanding interpersonal communication (both verbal and written)
- Dynamic problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and incorporate new systems and technologies
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Proficiency and/or working knowledge in CRM, Microsoft Office, Winmo, MediaRadar, Nielsen, comScore and Ad Words
We appreciate your interest in working with OSG Publishing but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement – Bachelor degree required.
- Experience Requirement – Minimum three years related Ad Sales/Marketing experience.
- Equivalency – None.