Ad Sales Research Manager
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: New York, NY; Denver, CO; Chicago, IL; Remote
REPORTS TO: VP, Audience Research
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
Under general supervision, the Media Research Manager at Outdoor Channel contributes to the Ad Sales strategy of the Outdoor Sportsman Groups portfolio of TV networks, magazine publications, and digital properties. Coordinates with Sales Marketing to develop all Research materials for recurring Ad Sales literature for traditional TV and Print properties including Upfront, Shot Show, ATA, Endemic Print Deck, Non-Endemic TV deck, etc. Leverage Ad Spend data for Endemic and Non-Endemic Ad Sales prospecting. Help support Westwind client prospecting and support efforts.
Examples of work performed:
- Translates data into stories with conclusions that illustrate the value of OSG’s advertising offerings to both endemic and non-endemic (national) advertisers
- Creates and maintains research briefs, one-sheets and presentations aimed at increasing ad revenue and breaking new business
- Creates and publishes regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that inform the company of trends and performance of company assets, the competition, and the industry
- Exposed to challenging primary research initiatives including focus groups, brand awareness research, dedicated online community/panel and a variety of quantitative surveys as well as website and TV ratings.
- Provides strategic research in support of client specific presentations and proposals. Fulfills ad-hoc research requests for Ad Sales, Programming, Affiliate Sales, the network’s executive team and producers.
- Generates lead-related research to support sales efforts.
- Generates and maintains databases.
- Develop a variety of charts, tables, graphs, etc. to convey research messages visually for all of the above.
- Compiles competitive information on an on-going basis.
- Seeks ways to automate reporting for recurring data analysis.
- Present findings to team members and occasionally to other relevant staff.
- Senior level Analyst may provide guidance or training to junior level Analyst, as needed.
- Fulfills ad-hoc research requests for various functions across the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Ability to travel if needed; occasional travel is needed in this position.
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions.
- Professional, yet casual office work environment.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- Stand up to ¼ of time.
- Walk, sit, up to ¾ of time.
- Lift up to 10lbs. up to ¼ of time.
- Moderate to very loud noise.
- Clear vision at 20’ and ability to adjust focus.
- High School or GED
- Generally, requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in research, media, cable, online, digital or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications/economics or related field preferred
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with Tableau, MRI, Nielsen Marketbreaks, CMR, comScore, Simmons, Google Analytics, Rentrak, and/or Star Media a plus.
- Excellent at the use of Excel and managing spreadsheets. Ability to write macros, automate spreadsheets, manage databases, create pivot tables, and create graphics and tables.
- Ability to work with large data sets. Aptitude in dealing with numbers with high accuracy.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, creating graphics that quickly communicate the key findings from analysis of numbers.
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Flawless attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct in-depth data analysis.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment.
- Must display excellent communication skills while working with various parties.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to multiple, often diverse audiences.
- Must be able to show creativity and initiative ethic with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment while maintaining accuracy is critical.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, communicate workload with supervision and understand when to escalate potential issues.
- Base salary range $80,000-$85,000 per annum
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.