Art Director – Game & Fish
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Art Director manages all aspects of graphic design and will work on both marketing/promotional initiatives as well as product design to create a cohesive, recognizable brand statement for Game & Fish Magazine.
- Lead the art department in creating original, redefining graphic content for Game & Fish magazine, its website, social media pages and other marketing materials
- Communicate with senior management to develop an aesthetic and brand that reflects the company’s core values and ideals
- Delegate projects to in-house designers, and freelance contributors, photographers and illustrators. Develop, monitor and manage workflow to ensure timely delivery of graphic materials per deadline.
- Review graphic materials to assess their validity and appropriateness for the brand
- Maintain graphic consistency across all deliverables
- Develop artistic concepts with art and editorial teams
- Monitor design trends across print and digital media, and ensure the brand’s design remains current and appealing
- Demonstrated expertise in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and other Creative Cloud applications
- Excellent communication skills in expressing creative vision
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to oversee multiple design projects at once
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry and its expectations in design and content presentation
- Willingness to push creative norms in developing design concepts that intrigue and help inform audience
- Dedication to graphic consistency and quality across all channels
- Ability to work overtime when necessary to complete time-sensitive projects
- Willingness to learn proprietary publishing software and integrate its processes into efficient workflow
- Working knowledge of Microsoft OneDrive a plus
- Photography skills a plus
- Minimum 6 years as a professional graphic designer, required
- Minimum 4 years experience in supervisory role, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design or comparable field, preferred
- Outdoors experience, particularly in hunting and fishing, preferred
**Along with a resume, please also include a submission of a portfolio that demonstrates design work.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.