Assistant Art Director
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Publisher
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
The Assistant Art Director will be responsible for assisting the established brand and further development of the visual identity of the magazine and all associated products and platforms. The Assistant Art Director will be instrumental in the continued development of the magazine while collaborating with Editors and the Art Director to ensure an innovative and exceptional product is delivered.
- Responsible for the design and brand identity of the magazine and all other related projects.
- Propose creative and innovative ideas on projects that help strengthen the brand identity.
- Maintain the quantity and quality of work while efficiently and effectively meeting all deadlines.
- Promote a standard of excellence that encourages the attention to detail and thoroughness that fosters a quality product across all platforms.
- Define and manage a consistent design style that emphasizes a visual identity and consistency across the brand.
- Research and develop new methods and creative ideas for magazine and other brand projects.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Extremely proficient in a Mac OS environment and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience designing and developing a project from concept to completion while successfully balancing quantity and quality during tight deadlines.
- Experience directing and acquiring the necessary props for photo shoots both on sight and in the field.
- A clear understanding of the concept of brand integrity and how to successfully promote and maintain it.
- A desire to appreciate the subject matter and its audience to better communicate the editorial message.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate design concepts and production needs, both internally and externally and advise and promote design policy.