Associate Editor – Guns and Ammo SIP
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Peoria, IL; Remote
REPORTS TO: Editor, Guns and Ammo SIP
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Guns & Ammo’s Special Interest Publications (SIP) is the most diverse of Outdoor Sportsman Group’s magazine divisions. With an array of titles that include RIMFIRE, PRECISION RIFLE SHOOTER, REVOLVER and AR-15, the SIP division is the ideal fit for high-energy individuals to get paid to produce firearm magazines.
Nature of Work:
- Receive article drafts from contributors and ensure timely filing onto the network.
- Format articles for style.
- Edit the initial draft of each contribution.
- Enter corrections for all edited copy.
- Ensure the accuracy of technical information listed in each story.
- Develop and maintain proficiency with InDesign editing software.
- Create written content describing firearm-related products to be featured in each issue and related digital properties. (This task is coordinated with the editors.)
- Maintain, update, and apply the style guide.
- Input additional corrections as directed by the editorial staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of firearms, ammunition, and accessories.
Examples of work performed:
- Contribute to OSG media outlets, including online and television broadcast video.
- Test firearms and accessories for publication in national magazines.
- Travel on OSG business to various parts of country.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Must be available to work from 8:30am to 5pm Central Time. Additional hours may be required due to press schedule.
- Perform physical duty when testing firearms or accessories
- Work in extreme weather conditions
- BS/BA degree in field or related field
- High School or GED
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Knowledge and passion for firearms.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and demonstrate professionalism
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and in group settings and demonstrate good judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to changing environments
- Base salary beginning at $34,000
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.