Associate Editor – Petersen’s Bowhunting
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Outdoor Sportsman Group, America’s premier media group for outdoor sports, is seeking a full-time Associate Editor at Petersen’s Bowhunting in Harrisburg, PA. This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking, hardcore bowhunter to join our team of experts in creating content for “The Modern Bowhunting Authority” across its market-leading print and digital platforms.
Petersen’s Bowhunting is the undisputed leader in equipment news and technical bowhunting advice — from the latest product innovations, insightful gear reviews and technical tests to practical bow-tuning tips, expert shooting instruction and effective field strategies.
- Serve as the primary coordinator of Bowhunting’s gear coverage, working closely with in-house editorial staff, field editors and archery manufacturers to deliver timely, technically oriented articles to our audience
- Serve as Bowhunting’s primary social-media coordinator (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). This includes creation and/or scheduling of posts from a variety of sources, with the goal of driving increased audience engagement across social, digital and print platforms
- Conceptualize, assign, write and/or edit various magazine departments, product reviews, news stories and feature articles for print and online use
- Assist the Art Director in the selection and/or assignment of photos, graphics and illustrations as needed
- Represent the Bowhunting brand at trade shows, consumer expos and other industry events
- Exemplary copy editing and proofreading skills
- A passion for archery and bowhunting
- A clear vision for how print content integrates seamlessly with online content
- A proven track record of content planning, creation and delivery
- Familiarity with desktop and digital publishing platforms (we use Adobe Creative Cloud), including basic photo and video editing skills
- Must be a motivated, highly organized self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines
- Excellent people skills, a team-first attitude and a willingness to embrace new challenges
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a comparable field,
- 2+ years of print and/or digital publishing experience, preferred
- NOTE: While the ideal candidate will meet all of the above, recent college graduates with strong qualifications will be considered
**Along with a resume, please also include a submission of a portfolio that demonstrates relevant work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.