Associate Editor – SIPs
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Peoria, IL
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
The Associate Editor assists with organization and production of all editorial sections of the magazines, reviews and edits manuscripts, and maintains workflow with the editorial department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with Editor and Managing Editor on editorial content of each issue.
- Review new manuscripts and recommend acceptance or rejection.
- Edit manuscripts and regular features.
- Write articles/sidebars as needed.
- Work closely with Art Director to maintain appropriate editorial standards.
- Handle correspondence and payments with authors and photographers; respond to queries.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Proof all mechanicals and bluelines.
- Assist with raw ad copy – both display and classified as needed.
- Assist with the editorial/advertising layout.
- Assist with the editorial outline for each issue.
- Represent magazine(s) at outdoor events/activities.
- Consult as needed with the circulation, advertising and accounting departments.
- Monitor compliance with the editorial production schedule.
- College degree in Journalism or English.
- Knowledge of and interest in the outdoors and outdoor sports.
Note: The duties and responsibilities outlined in this document are not all inclusive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.