Associate Production Manager
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Peoria, IL
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Production
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
This is a hybrid position comprised of responsibilities belonging to both a Production Coordinator and a Production Manager.
Examples of work performed:
- Work as liaison between publishers, ad sales staff, and advertisers to obtain documentation and digital files for every ad for multiple titles in time to meet production deadlines.
- Ensure that each ad is accompanied by an insertion order and properly entered in the Send My Ad portal and the MSG ad revenue system.
- Using the Send My Ad system, determine whether the digital file meets required quality standards and is fit for print production.
- Make certain that the proper ad material runs in each title and work with the Production Manager to certify that it is properly placed within the issue.
- Coordinate the efforts of the publisher, editor, art director, consumer marketing department, and printer in the production of certain special issues.
- Process and care for the ads as noted above.
- Produce package-size report and comparison to budget for the publisher and finance department.
- In Virtual Publisher, create issue “map,” balancing the placement of ads, edit, and circulation components per the requirements of each and ensuring that the issue will be produced in the most efficient way possible.
- Once map is complete, double check insertion orders to ensure that all advertising requirements have been met. Review and approve pages for mistakes and advertising conflicts.
- Ensure that the proper UPC is placed and get confirmation it scans properly.
- Generate press instructions, including print order, binding instructions, and postal calculations.
- Make sure that the issue closes on time and transmit all pages to the plant by deadline.
- Generate digital edition, upload to Twixl and make sure it goes on sale on the proper date. Check to be sure it uploaded properly.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Lift 25 lbs. often
- High School or GED
- 1+ years’ experience in field
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and demonstrate professionalism
- Ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently & in a group setting and demonstrate good judgment skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing environments
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.