NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Publisher
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
The Associate Publisher’s role is to grow advertising revenues; prospect for new business, manage existing relationships, and find leads and sales opportunities on the phone and in person. Will lead by example and contribute personal sales at an agreed level.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell advertising for shooting magazines.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for the magazine.
- Great communications skills, both to the leadership and magazine team.
- Manages the sales initiatives to ensure that short- and long-term goals are being achieved.
- Key elements of the role are forecasting and budgeting revenue and yield management.
- Produce accurate and timely reports as requested.
- Work closely with editorial and compliance to ensure multi-departmental cohesion and best practice.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exhibits ability as a multi-tasker; highly motivated and goal oriented.
- Personable and able to connect with clients.
- Works well under pressure.
- Experience in running a magazine in a leadership position is essential.