Competition Communications Technician
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Operations
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Major League Fishing is looking for a full-time Competition Communications Technician to work with our event operations to maintain and monitor the MLF ScoreTracker® Access Terminal (STAT) competition connectivity system, as well as coordinate competition communications during MLF events. The ideal candidate must be responsible and have experience with DC/battery power electrical systems, electronic and cellular communications systems, small mechanics, with the ability to develop and deploy communications procedures.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain MLF STAT competition communications system and equipment, ensuring all components are functional and operating before and during each MLF event.
- Monitor MLF STAT competition communications system and equipment during all MLF events.
- Troubleshoot and repair MLF STAT competition communications system and/or equipment as needed. Must be able to quickly replace any non-working MLF STAT system with backup units.
- Work with MLF Competition Crew to develop and deploy competition communications during MLF events. Monitor communications network when required.
- Must be able to travel up to fourteen (14) weeks per year.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced understanding of DC/battery power electrical systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills with emphasis on electronic communications equipment.
- Basic understanding of cellular communications systems.
- Basic understanding of Wi-Fi and IT networks.
- Proficient with Windows and Mac based OS, both computer and tablet.
- Proficient use of small hand tools.
- 5 yrs. background in electronic communications or IT field.
- Technical training or college diploma.
- Minimum 50% of time spent on feet and must be able to lift 50lbs.