Controller – Major League Fishing
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Founded in 2011, Major League Fishing (MLF) brings the high-intensity sport of competitive bass fishing into America’s living rooms on Outdoor Channel, Discovery, CBS, CBS Sports Network, World Fishing Network, Sportsman Channel and on-demand on MyOutdoorTV (MOTV). New for 2019, the Bass Pro Tour consists of eight events and a championship streamed live on www.MajorLeagueFishing.com and MOTV. MLF uses the entertaining and conservation-friendly catch, weigh and immediate-release format where every scorable bass counts and the winner is the angler with the highest cumulative weight.
About Our Job:
The Controller of Major League Fishing will report directly to the Controller of Outdoor Sportsman Group Publishing. This position is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards, regulatory requirements, and any external reporting requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets and actual expenditures.
- Consistently evaluate business processes to identify and implement efficiencies across functional areas.
- Accurate and timely completion of the monthly, quarterly, and annual periodic close processes and company financial statements.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Responsible for working with our external tax accountants and service providers to ensure the timely tax preparation, planning and compliance with all federal, state and local corporate, payroll and other applicable taxes.
- Responsible for cash flow and operational forecasting.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Manage the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Work closely with department heads to support their reporting needs in order to make effective business decisions.
- Assist in risk management of company.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA/and or MBA preferred, Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and organization that work to create a hands-on strategic thinker who will own the accounting function.
- Ability to organize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Microsoft Office Experience with strength in Excel.
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement – High school diploma or GED.
- Experience Requirement – Five to ten years’ experience in corporate accounting with 1-2 years at the controller level.