Digital Ad Sales Analytics Manager
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO; Chicago, IL; New York, NY
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: VP. Cross Platform Research
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY FOR THE CHICAGO/DENVER POSITION: CLICK HERE
TO APPLY FOR THE NYC POSITION: CLICK HERE
Under general supervision, the Digital Ad Sales Analytics Manager at Outdoor Channel contributes to the Ad Sales strategy of the Outdoor Sportsman Groups portfolio of digital properties. Works with Ad Sales to identify and profile audience segments that provide unique sales benefits to advertisers and will drive Ad Sales revenue growth. Coordinates with Digital Ad Sales team and Sales Marketing to develop all Research materials for recurring sales literature for digital portfolio/properties including Upfront, Shot Show, ATA, iCast, etc. Leverage Ad Spend data for Endemic and Non-Endemic Ad Sales prospecting. Help support Westwind client prospecting and support efforts.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the VP of Audience Research and Digital Analytics, OSG Digital Ad Sales, and Ad Sales Marketing teams to create effective sales positioning that differentiates OSG’s digital portfolio in the marketplace
- Analyze user behavior, create and maintain key reports, dashboards and analyses utilizing web analytics tools including Salesforce (Krux) DMP, Google Analytics, and Localytics
- Respond to RFPs to target and highlight the value of OSG digital and cross-portfolio properties; development of client insights
- Act as a resource on all things digital measurement & research to clients and peers
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, ad hoc and campaign specific insights to drive business decisions and strategy
- Utilize primary and syndicated research to support sales with the development of strong positioning stories to highlight the value of our digital and cross platform audience and sponsorship opportunities to the advertising community.
- Manage custom projects to augment digital tracking metrics and syndicated data
- To provide proactive performance and success stories across OSG Digital to aid in sales efforts
- Ability to train team members in advanced analytics reporting techniques.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solutions driven, proactive and able to work independently
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications/economics or related field preferred, or equivalent experience required.
- Generally requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in digital research, digital ad sales, web analytics or other new media research
- Understanding of digital measurement metrics (impressions, CTR, VCR) and audience profiling sources (Nielsen, MRI, Experian, Acxiom, etc.) to help navigate both external client and internal clients stakeholders through measurement opportunities
- Ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with digital analytics and reporting systems such as Google Analytics, comScore Media Metrix, App Annie, Nielsen DAR, and Localytics,
- Familiarity with DMP tools such as Krux (Salesforce) DMP, Adobe Audience Manager, or Oracle BlueKai a big plus
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, Qlik, etc. a big plus
- Familiarity with Google DFP, MRI, Nielsen Marketbreaks, Simmons, and/or Star Media a plus.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Power user of Excel strongly preferred with ability to use macros, pivot tables, etc.