Database Marketing Manager
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: New York, NY
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Manager, Consumer Marketing
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
We are looking for a Consumer Marketing Database Manager to help drive our subscription marketing initiatives and be the expert in overseeing Outdoor Sportsman Group’s marketing database, containing over 8 million customer files. This is a great opportunity to jumpstart your career in consumer, print and digital email marketing. The role is an important member of the consumer marketing group. You will be able to work independently to support consumer marketing and other departments in the company.
You will run Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for the Consumer Marketing Group and be critical to the success of direct mail and email marketing campaigns for a suite of 15 print products.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer Segmentation – Using a proprietary database tool, select audience cohorts for targeted marketing promotions; understand querying logic; perform customer look ups in tool.
- CRM – have systems expertise and cultivate extensive knowledge to optimize integration between marketing tech systems (database tool, ordering systems, email deployment system, direct mail) and maintain the feedback loop of data and orders from multiple sources
- Work closely as a support role for the Consumer Digital Marketing Manager in dealing with day-to-day interactions with our Email Service Provider (ESP). Must have some knowledge of deployment tool; perform light HTML coding; set up automations, drip campaigns and campaign journeys.
- Perform some administrative duties including invoice coding and tracking, tracking license usage from CRM tool.
- Maintain data hygiene performing semi-annual NCOA, updating segmentation overlays, and purges of system files.
- Report on metrics to optimize email performance.
- Provide cross functional support and collaboration both internally and externally.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- A college degree and 2+ years of experience in database marketing, preferably in analytics, database and email marketing.
- Experience with the best practices for data hygiene and understands legal compliance issues, such as GDPR and CAN-Spam.
- Experience with at least one ESP, preferably Salesforce.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with basecamp or other project management tools.
- Subscription marketing knowledge is a definite plus!