Digital Content Editor
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
DEPARTMENT: Exec & Admin
REPORTS TO: Manager, Digital Editorial
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Major League Fishing (MLF) is seeking a motivated individual for the position of Digital Content Editor. As a member of our growing creative team, this individual will report directly to the Manager of Digital Content Development. MLF is a fast-paced and exciting company that allows individuals to show off their creative skills and take their talents to the next level. We are looking for a candidate who is full of energy, upbeat and always has a positive attitude. This is a full-time position based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The individual will be responsible for updating MajorLeagueFishing.com and the MLF app with the latest articles, photos, and videos produced by the digital content team. He/she will also work closely with the social media manager, making sure MLF social platforms are up-to-date with the latest content. This position requires a creative thinker who can work under a tight deadline.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This individual will need to learn the ins and outs of the CMS (content management system) for the MajorLeagueFishing.com and the MLF App and know how to publish various types of media/troubleshoot in the most efficient way.
- Provide continuous communication to the Digital Content and Marketing Team regarding ongoing project and status updates and will execute various aspects of production including image, audio and video editing, special effects, and file manipulation and layout.
- Review all content with a critical eye before it is published to the website, looking for spelling/grammar errors and editing mistakes in photos/videos.
- Oversee SEO initiatives including on-site optimization, keyword analysis, as content, link-building, site auditing, and competitive analysis.
- Apply high-level creative and journalistic skills in producing and editing digital content.
- Assist in meeting aggressive video production goals as set by the Manager of Digital Editorial.
- Contribute new content ideas to match consumer patterns on the multiple digital platforms.
- Repackage the content creatively so it is compatible with mobile and social environments.
- Work closely with members of the marketing team to understand the desired look and feel of Major League Fishing deliverables.
- Assist in advancing and maintaining MLF’s social media strategy, and publish content to social media platforms when necessary.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of the professional bass fishing industry preferred, not required.
- Experience with various Content Management Systems.
- Basic knowledge of HTML5/CSS preferred, not required
- Holds one of or a combination of the following certifications: Google Adwords, Google Analytics Certification, Yahoo Ambassador, ect. (preferred, not required)
- Experience in graphic design, video editing and digital photography preferred, not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Professional experience in journalism, website management or a related field.
- Ability to build and maintain online communities and blogger relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment and produce under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic video editing experience using Premiere or Avid is a plus.
- Proficient interpersonal skills both in person and by phone.