Digital Content Editor
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
DEPARTMENT: Major League Fishing
REPORTS TO: Manager, Marketing Communications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Major League Fishing is seeking a motivated individual to assist in managing, creating and editing website and social media content for majorleaguefishing.com on a full-time basis in our Tulsa office. This person will assist creating, editing, improving and maintaining website content to achieve set business goals through coordinating photos, graphics and videos for majorleaguefishing.com, social media, advertorials, sales presentations and other marketing platforms.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet tight deadlines with little supervision while managing projects and work assignments for multiple departments. They will help to create curated content for end users through a variety of platforms, and will help to develop and maintain a regular editorial calendar. This position requires a creative thinker who is also deadline-oriented. The candidate should have experience in journalism, web and graphic design, video editing and digital photography. MLF is a fast-paced and exciting company that allows individuals to flourish. To fit into our team, the chosen candidate should be energetic, upbeat and have a positive attitude.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Website Editing Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain homepage, angler bios, sponsor pages, TV schedule page; publish all content, including written articles, photo galleries and videos. Communicate with MLF professional anglers as required. Keep detailed tracking of how many times anglers are featured/mentioned on the website. Write Meta data for all content, including video. Optimize website all content for SEO and high functionality. Edit photos for the digital content. Help manage and execute a content editorial calendar. Manage content flow from website to MLF app to social media.
Social Media Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Manager, Marketing Communications, in creation and delivery of relevant content for social media channels. Manage the development and implementation of specific social media content and promotions throughout the year. Insure that all social media deliverables align with MLF’s overall marketing objectives.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in English/Journalism or equivalent editorial work required
- Excellent grammar/editing skills
- Ability to develop engaging content, proofread and edit for SEO
- Basic understanding of photo editing
- Basic understanding of sports marketing
- Ability to follow and maintain style guidelines
- Basic understanding of copyright laws
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to formats articles for templates and style as necessary
- Proofread and enters corrections through the server for all written copy
- Solicit press releases or additional information from manufacturers regarding new products
- Help develop and maintain a content strategy aligned with marketing targets
- Publish and cross promote content to online channels to increase web traffic
- Help maintain an editorial calendar
- Up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- 1 year of experience as a Digital Editor required
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) preferred
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics preferred
- Proficient photo editing skills in Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Proficient HTML skills preferred.
- Familiar with using FTP software preferred
- Strong understanding of social media preferred
- Proficient with still photography cameras and video preferred
- Previous experience with web content and related Apps preferred