Digital Editor – Gun Dog & Wildfowl
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA; Peoria, IL; Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About Our Job:
This Digital Editor supports all digital media branded by Gun Dog and Wildfowl brands.
In addition to the Digital Editor’s day-to-day responsibilities, attendance to reoccurring directive meetings will be required. The Digital Editor will adjust the pace in the workflow to ensure that each deadline is achieved in a timely manner. Job responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Publisher, Gun Dog and Wildfowl Print Editors and Director of Digital Editorial to develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term goals.
- Collaborate as needed with Ad Sales, Social, Marketing, Research, TV Programming and Design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout.
- Participate in developing engaging content, proofread, edit for SEO and publish.
- Work with other Digital Editors and content providers to ensure brand consistency and voice.
- Keep up to date with SEO best practices.
- Use reporting tools to analyze website traffic and user’s engagement metrics.
- Help manage content distribution to social media, marketing and newsletter platforms to increase web traffic.
- Help maintain editorial calendar.
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection).
- Stay up to date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention.
- Solicit press releases or additional information from manufacturers regarding new products.
- Responsible for inputting any content corrections as directed.
- Research and remain up to date on style change recommendations and changes within the annual Associated Press style guide (digital).
- Maintain, update and apply the style guide.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of firearms, ammunition and accessories.
Supplemental duties will include:
- Contribute to OSG media outlets as directed, including print, television broadcast video, social media and digital video.
- Must be legally qualified to own firearms
- Ownership of a gun club membership or other access to areas for testing and photography.
- The ability to travel on OSG business, such as tradeshows and meetings.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Strong skills in SEO and knowledge of web traffic metrics
- Knowledge of social media marketing
- Ability to write and edit material on tight deadlines
- Ability to conduct interviews for stories
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- A passion for the outdoor industry, specifically in hunting (waterfowl and upland hunting and sporting dogs)
- Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance, and have enough discretion to resolve complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of the Associated Press Stylebook
- Experience with photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as schedule dictates
- Willingness to travel 3-4 times a year for up to a week at a time
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement – Journalism/English degree, or:
- Education & Experience Equivalency –Equivalent editorial work experience