Digital Editor – Shooting
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
DEPARTMENT: Digital Editorial
REPORTS TO: Managing Editor
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
This Digital Editor supports all digital media branded by various shooting titles, which include: Shooting Times, Handguns, Rifle Shooter and Firearms News. In addition to the Digital Editor’s day-to-day responsibilities, attendance to reoccurring directive meetings will be required. The Digital Editor will adjust the pace in the workflow to ensure that each deadline is achieved in a timely manner. The Digital Editor has the primary duty to complete these tasks:
- Work with the Shooting Publisher, Print Editors and Director of Digital Editorial to develop content strategies aligned with short-term and long-term goals
- Collaborate as needed with Ad Sales, Social, Marketing, Research, TV Programming and Design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Participate in developing engaging content, proofread, edit for SEO and publish
- Work with other Digital Editors and content providers to ensure brand consistency and voice
- Keep up to date with SEO best practices
- Use reporting tools to analyze website traffic and user-engagement metrics
- Help manage content distribution to social media, marketing and newsletter platforms to increase web traffic
- Help maintain editorial calendar
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up to date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Solicit press releases or additional information from clients/manufacturers regarding new products.
- Responsible for inputting any content corrections as directed.
- Create written content describing firearm-related products to be featured on digital platforms.
- Research and remain up to date on style change recommendations and changes within the annual Associated Press style guide (digital).
- Maintain, update and apply style guides.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of firearms, ammunition and accessories.
- Contribute to OSG media outlets as directed, including print, television broadcast video, social media and digital video.
- Must be legally qualified to own firearms.
- Ownership of a gun club membership or other access to areas for testing and photography.
- The ability to travel on OSG business, such as tradeshows and meetings.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Strong skills in SEO and knowledge of web traffic metrics
- Knowledge of social media marketing
- Ability to write and edit material on tight deadlines
- Ability to conduct interviews for stories
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- A passion for the outdoor industry, specifically the shooting industry
- Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance, and have enough discretion to resolve complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of the Associated Press Stylebook
- Experience with Photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as schedule dictates
- Willingness to travel 3-4 times a year for up to a week at a time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or related field or Equivalent editorial work experience, required.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in the shooting industry
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.