Direct Response Sales Planner, Ad Sales
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG) is the largest media company solely devoted to bringing the best in content and entertainment to America’s 80-million+ outdoor sports enthusiasts. OSG boasts three networks, (Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, World Fishing network), 15 magazines, 21 websites and a globally distributed SVOD APP. This multi-media company is on the front lines of all new areas content creation and distribution
OSG’s brands cover the spectrum of the outdoor experience – from big-game-adventure hunting to fishing for bass in backyard ponds to competing in the highest-caliber shooting sports events, our audience has come to rely on the expertise of our editors and its presentation across every media platform for the best, most entertaining, useful and relevant content.
OSG is always interested in attracting talented and passionate employees who share our commitment to the creation of world-class sports programming distributed across linear, online and mobile platforms.
About Our Job:
The Direct Response Sales Planner and Ad Sales position will report directly to the Vice President of Ad Sales Pricing and Planning. Under general supervision, the Direct Response (DR) Sales Planner works closely with corporate and/or regional advertising sales staff to facilitate the selling of direct response (DR) media advertising by providing plans, research, and marketing elements that meet the needs of clients and agencies. Where appropriate, the Direct Response (DR) Sales planner may have direct sales opportunities to assigned clients and agencies as determined by management.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Develops proposals, presentations and packages to address the priorities and preferences of national DR agencies.
- Works with assigned Account Executive/National Accounts Manager and Pricing and Planning team to understand scope of proposal requests in order to independently build and develop customized proposals and related client sales presentations.
- Submits completed and approved proposals/presentations, plans and related packages to be presented to prospective advertisers with review and approval from DR Account Executive and/or sales management.
- Reviews and processes orders for DR inventory. Confirms that pricing and inventory requests are within reasonable, customary and agreed to parameters.
- Monitors and tracks all ordered schedules through the sales cycle to ensure that all deal points are adhered to per the expectations of the clients and/or agencies.
- Creates and distributes pre and post log reports as needed. Confirms that all DR orders have been processed quickly and accurately.
- Develops and updates materials to help account executive and sales management track existing orders, revenue achieved, clearance rates, inventory utilization, and participates in other support-related activities for the assigned account executive including appointment management and prospecting activities.
- Manages new account credit approvals and billing reconciliation. Reviews and resolves all invoice discrepancies and other client/agency issues that might prevent the timely payment of invoices. Regularly communicates with Account Executive, Sales Management and Accounting regarding any issue that could result in delayed payment of invoices. Tracks and maintains a list of credits and issues resulting in invoice credits.
- Updates existing DR orders as needed due to pricing, inventory and clearance changes during the course of the ordered campaign. Communicates all relevant pricing and clearance information to Account Executive and client/agencies. Confirms that schedule and pricing changes have been correctly implemented within the sales and traffic systems.
- Partners with and supports other Sales Planners, Coordinators, Pricing and Planning management and Traffic department team members as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy.
- Requires the ability to use judgment and reasoning skills and determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Excellent relationship building, customer service and follow-up skills.
- Solid interest in the outdoors and comfort with hunting and fishing sports.
- Superior sales, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated self-starter, with outstanding work ethic, who works well autonomously.
- Analytical perspective and familiarity with basic media research tools.
- Attention to detail with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment is critical.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must be internal and external customer focused.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Familiarity with and understanding of ClearSlide, CRM, WideOrbit Network, Broadview or other relevant sales proposal system preferred.
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement – High school diploma or GED.
- Experience Requirement – Generally, requires a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in cable TV industry sales and/or administration. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, strong Power Point skills