Director, Public Relations & Communications
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: VP, Marketing & Business Development
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: CLICK HERE
The Director, Public Relations & Communications is responsible for managing all PR activities for the Major League Fishing brand. This role will provide strategic direction as well as the day to day management of all Public Relations activities including media relations, trade shows, press releases, content generation, as well as experiential and consumer-facing programs. Candidate will manage the end to end planning, strategy creation, activations and measurement of all PR elements.
Position will be instrumental in supporting the marketing team, sales/business development team, and responsible for directly driving the Public Relations processes. This is an ideal role for someone that is a risk taker, a marketer, and a story-teller. Candidate should have the ability to create big ideas and implement them with a positive attitude. Must have an entrepreneurial spirit while creating new strategies and inspiring others to believe in them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain strong media relations, proactively pitch, and prepare briefings.
- Prepare and participate in all media requests, interviews, photograph requests and follow up.
- Manage the endemic PR agency day to day while leading non-endemic PR.
- Develop and write compelling content for industry news, press releases, backgrounders, bio’s, feature stories, speaking points, reactive and proactive statements on the brand, anglers, sponsors, and industry.
- Partner with the marketing team to help develop and advise on compelling content for various mediums and channels.
- Develop strategic, effective, and results-oriented public relations campaigns and story ideas.
- Develop, manage and attend key tradeshows, PR events, and brand activations.
- Own influencer marketing, seeding, and industry programs.
- Manage external speaking opportunities, attend networking events, and conferences as required.
- Develop, maintain, and publish an annual marketing calendar across all marketing disciplines.
- Report out on PR activities and metrics across the organization.
- Keep current on industry, issues, and news with timely updates to the larger organization.
- 10+ years of Marketing experience and 7+ years of Public Relations experience required.
- Critical, creative, and innovative thinker is a must.
- Must be able to juggle many priorities under tight deadlines while being highly detailed and organized.
- Creates an inclusive and creative environment.
- Comfortable speaking in public and giving presentations.
- Strong copywriting and grammar skillset.
- Exceptional collaborative skills and experience working in a team-based environment.
- Four-year degree; MA / MS / MBA preferred.