Director, Social Media
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Peoria, IL
REPORTS TO: EVP, Group Publisher
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
This position is responsible for executing the Outdoor Sportsman’s Group social media strategy, developing brand awareness, engagement, customer satisfaction, and overseeing the social media team specialists.
Examples of work performed:
- Expert understanding of each social media platform and the best practices for maximizing engagement and reach
- Posting frequency and strategy
- Maximizing video views via YouTube, IGTV and Facebook Watch
- Knowledge of latest trends and algorithm updates across the various platforms
- Ability to interpret social media metrics and implement updated strategies based on results
- Understand how to utilize social media effectively to fulfill company-wide strategies and goals:
- Utilizing social media for network and brand marketing efforts
- Leveraging social media to drive referral traffic to websites or YouTube
- Client promotion/advertising best practices
- Identifying the appropriate ratio of organic content verses sales/marketing and promotion posting
- Management of social media specialist staff
- Ensure staff is implementing best practices and procedures
- Educate team on latest trends and algorithm updates
- Oversee all posting schedules and requirements are followed by the staff
- Technical knowledge of social media extension software and audience reporting
- Social media expense budget management
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- 5-7 years’ experience in field
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, or related field
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in outdoor space in a must
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment and produce under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic video editing experience using Final Cut or Premiere is a plus.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Proven track record of social media success on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and track record of building and maintaining communities and blogger relationships.
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.