Event Marketing Manager, Operations
POSITION: Event Marketing Manager, Operations
COMPANY: Outdoor Channel
DEPARTMENT: 000345 – Marketing
SEND RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Sr. Director, Integrated & Event Marketing, the Event Marketing Manager will support the planning and execution of all Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG) company-wide events.
- Trade Show booth/asset management: show services, shipping, furniture/AV rentals, etc. 50%
- Placing orders for signage, working with printers 10%
- Managing and tracking branded inventory 10%
- Executing contracts 5%
- Managing department timelines/deadlines 5%
- Budget tracking 15%
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Tradeshow event management and planning experience strongly preferred
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment is critical.
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues, time management and delegation.
- Must be team player.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of event planning and execution preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience with graphic design preferred.
Material and Equipment Used:
- General office equipment to include phone, fax, copier, computer and keyboard, etc.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Ability to travel if needed; occasional travel is needed in this position.
- Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and meet company vehicle driving standards.
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions.
- Professional, yet casual office work environment.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- Stand up to ¼ of time.
- Walk, sit, up to ¾ of time.
- Lift up to 25lbs. up to ¼ of time.
- Moderate to very loud noise.
- Clear vision at 20’ and ability to adjust focus.