NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Peoria, IL
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Editor
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Design magazine articles, special sections, FOB, BOB, variety of promotional materials as directed by Editor and Art Director and according to editorial guidelines and brand identity. Strong skillset includes conceptual development and execution of editorial projects; presentation of designs; develop graphics, logos and vector illustrations; typographic and page layout; manage/maintain color, image, text style; attention to detail; review/correction of files for errors.
- Design magazine articles according to assignments using principles of design, including page layout, typography, color, balance and composition. Create page layouts and graphic elements using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Produce specialty products including promotional material for print and digital platforms.
- Stay informed and current of new technologies involving photography design industry practices.
- Work closely with Art director, Editors, Writers, Photographers to develop and execute visual concepts.
- Collaborate with other designers to solve problems and develop large issue visual solutions and whole-magazine concepts.
- Assist with production duties as directed: populate templates; prepare all graphic elements for print and online production; package final design files; maintain master templates, create/maintain style sheets, organize and maintain a wide range of design, art and layout files; print/display current issue/projects on display wall.
- Keep future/working design files organized and available for use.
- Work independently and proactively to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Stay current with industry design trends; standards and practices; and print, digital technologies.
Requires a minimum of a two-year degree in Graphic Design and three years of experience as a Designer in a magazine or agency environment.