IT Project Manager
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Director, Information Technology OSG
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
The IT Project manager will be responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing to completion the technology projects within our broad portfolio of broadcast and publishing entities. A successful candidate will be highly technical and act as a liaison between communication providers, service vendors, our different companies and employees, and our IT professionals. They will be expected to not only manage projects from a documentation level, but also be hands-on in the implementation process, working with our teams to perform system and network related tasks as necessary. Some after-hours activity possible in addition to occasional travel (15%) related to the position.
- Provide technology strategic planning.
- Integrate IT technologies into the company’s various divisions for optimal effectiveness.
- Understand current and future business goals and ongoing IT issues to ensure business success.
- Identify problems or ongoing pain-points and develop plans to proactively resolve by utilizing existing solutions and resources or recommending necessary technologies.
- Serve as the contact point for providers, vendors and implementation specialists working on various projects.
- Provide overall project scopes, timelines, updates, and completion reports for all projects managed.
- Manage project budgets, expenses, and contractors effectively.
- Proactively examine IT business strategies and identify potential improvements in policy and procedure.
- Work hands-on with IT team members to build, install and implement new technologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer-related field of study or comparable work experience.
- 4+ years’ progressively responsible experience as an IT professional.
- 2+ years’ IT management experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows, Apple, 365, network and service desk administration.
- PMP or other related project management certification or comparable project management work experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented.