NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group/In-Fisherman
LOCATION: Baxter, MN
REPORTS TO: Managing Editor
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
- Grounds maintenance:
- Oversight of landscaping duties, including grass cutting, tree and shrub pruning; seasonal flower planting; upkeep and winterization of lawn sprinkler system in coordination with local contractor; oversight of snow removal (driveway, parking lot, sidewalks, building access areas) and surface treatments in coordination with local contractor; oversight of general parking lot and sidewalk condition and appearance; troubleshoot issues with parking lot light system (as needed); maintain flagpole and tend to flag when half-staff is required.
- Building maintenance:
- General cleaning duties to include removal of trash and recyclables from interior offices, lunchroom, coffee rooms, and storage areas; vacuuming, dusting, window cleaning on weekly basis. Troubleshoot plumbing, HVAC, electrical needs as they arise and coordinate with local contractors on repairs; Maintain and winterize building septic system; Replace light bulbs as needed; move office equipment as needed; perform other maintenance/repair duties as needs arise; Assist in maintaining fish tank in tank/tackle room (troubleshoot any problems and perform maintenance/cleaning on a quarterly basis – flushing, back flushing and maintaining filtration system).
- Equipment maintenance:
- Keep trucks, boats, trailers, other equipment in working order, via regular maintenance; troubleshoot small problems, and coordinate with local vendors to resolve major issues; maintain maintenance logs for all vehicles and equipment; oversight of winterization of boats and seasonal storage in coordination with local vendor, including delivery and pick up, when required; assist in taking delivery of new equipment from company partners/sponsors as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties:
- Work with the In-Fisherman staff to build and break down TV studio sets used to produce television material, when necessary; Maintain inventory of office/mailroom supplies; Handle mailing and shipping duties, including letters, packages, and receiving deliveries; Send out complimentary copies of magazines as needed and assist in storage and organization of magazine boxes and other items; be key point of contact for internal phone and building alarm systems, coordinating with local vendors as needed; Coordinate with staff on delivery and pick up of tackle in need of repair/maintenance.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to work standing up, walk, use hands and fingers to operate tools and equipment, and speak and listen, both over the phone and in person to customers and fellow employees, in order to perform the above listed duties. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to work in a seated position, climb or balance and taste or smell. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
- Minimum 1+ years professional experience within maintenance field.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge of mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, automotive, boat and trailer maintenance needs.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check repair manuals or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use power equipment such as lawn mowers, string trimmers and snow blowers.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, shovels, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work outside, as needed, year-round.
- Able to operate vehicle while towing boat/trailer.
- Able to be on-call in event urgent needs arise.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and related applications
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.