Manager, Digital Ad Sales Research
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: New York, NY; Denver, CO; Chicago, IL; Remote
REPORTS TO: VP, Audience Research
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
Under general supervision, the Media Research Manager at Outdoor Channel contributes to the Ad Sales strategy of the Outdoor Sportsman Groups portfolio of digital properties. Works with Ad Sales to identify and profile audience segments that provide unique sales benefits to advertisers and will drive Ad Sales revenue growth. Coordinates with Digital Ad Sales team and Sales Marketing to develop all Research materials for recurring sales literature for digital portfolio/properties including Upfront, Shot Show, ATA, iCast, etc. Leverage Ad Spend data for Endemic and Non-Endemic Ad Sales prospecting.
Examples of work performed:
- Work closely with the VP of Audience Research and Digital Analytics, OSG Digital Ad Sales, and Ad Sales Marketing teams to create effective sales positioning that differentiates OSG’s digital portfolio in the marketplace
- Analyze user behavior, create and maintain key reports, dashboards and analyses utilizing web analytics tools including Salesforce Audience Studio, Google Analytics, and/or MOAT (Adobe)
- Respond to RFPs to target and highlight the value of OSG digital and cross-portfolio properties; development of client insights
- Act as a resource on all things digital measurement & research to clients and peers
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, ad hoc and campaign specific insights to drive business decisions and strategy
- Utilize primary and syndicated research to support sales with the development of strong positioning stories to highlight the value of our digital and cross platform audience and sponsorship opportunities to the advertising community.
- To provide proactive performance and success stories across OSG Digital to aid in sales efforts
- Ability to train team members in advanced analytics reporting techniques.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solutions driven, proactive and able to work independently
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications/economics or related field preferred or equivalent experience required.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Generally, requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in digital research, digital ad sales, web analytics or other new media research
- Understanding of digital measurement metrics (impressions, users, CTR, etc) and audience profiling sources (Nielsen, MRI, Experian, Acxiom, etc.) to help navigate both external client and internal clients stakeholders through measurement opportunities
- Ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with digital analytics and reporting systems such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics (aka Omniture)
- Experience leveraging programmatic audience segmentation tools such as Salesforce Audience Studio, Adobe Audience Manager, or Oracle BlueKai to drive Ad Sales revenue
- Familiarity with Marketing Acquisition and Messaging tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MixPanel, Clevertap, etc. a big plus
- Familiarity with BI and ETL tools such as Tableau, Domo, Tableau Prep, AWS Glue etc. a big plus
- Familiarity with Google Ad Manager (GAM), MRI, Nielsen Marketbreaks, Simmons, and/or Star Media a plus.
- Power user of Excel strongly preferred with ability to use macros, pivot tables, etc.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and PowerPoint
- Base Salary Range $85,000 – $95,000 per annum
- Eligible for annual discretionary bonus
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.