MANAGER, INTEGRATED SPONSORSHIP
Notice Of Opening: Outdoor Channel
Location: Denver, CO
Reports To: VP, Pricing & Planning
Department: Ad Sales
Under direct supervision from the VP, Pricing & Planning and the heads of Endemic and National television sales, the Integrated Sponsorship Manager interacts daily with the Television Ad Sales team, agency representatives, advertisers, and multiple departments in the KSE Organization to provide leadership and guidance in Ad Sales’ endeavors to generate revenue through new and existing business development. Advances opportunities to promote Outdoor Sportsman’s Group (OSG) programming and marketing extensions through unique advertising solutions and innovative sales package elements. Manages sales proposal and order fulfillment with on-going communication between the sales team, external clients, marketing department, programming department, and producers.
- Develops strategic integrated marketing programs for Ad Sales proposals through communication and support from Marketing, Programming, Production, Digital Media Editorial and outside producers.
- Works with the Marketing Solutions team to create custom project plans as they relate to Ad Sales proposals and orders.
- Manages network promotion fulfillment. Works directly with any outside company to complete all elements of a sponsor’s order.
- Manages the creation of client facing sponsorship sales presentations for Ad Sales.
- Develops presentations and one sheets for owned shows and complete show packages. Ensures that materials serve as valuable tools that increase OSG’s visibility, and enables sales team to call on prospective clients and respond to RFPs.
- Seeks out new “sponsorable” opportunities in programs (segment sponsorships, transitional billboards, host endorsement). Involves daily contact with producers on ideas, concepts, and sales team questions and feedback.
- Develops sponsorship timelines by communicating with producers to understand/track projects and air times. Act as the main point of contact to each producer of Company’s in-house shows.
- Manages the development of Ad Sales opportunities, Client hospitality, Product integration, Product placement, Product usage, Custom segments, In-show opportunities, Sponsorship Opportunities, etc. Travels to production shoots as necessary to confirm fulfillment of sponsor commitments.
- Familiarizes the staff with programming specials and the opportunities available for sponsorship and advertising brand integration.
- Manages the fulfillment of tune-in promos (block sponsors and presenting sponsors) across all KSE cable network properties.
- Manages the fulfillment of promotional web creative (banners and video pre-roll). Works closely with the Ad Operations to ensure all sponsorship related elements are delivered across OSGIM websites.
- Keeps Ad Sales department apprised of sponsorship opportunities in new programs and program segment. Each week the team is updated with new production schedules, online selling tools, marketing promotions, deadlines, new opportunities, and new sales materials.
- Manages the creation of quarterly and/or yearly brag-books (wrap-ups) to demonstrate show sponsorship fulfillment and assist with the renewal process.
- Manages the production of demo reels for Ad Sales use with appropriate marketing team members.
- Develops sponsorship value ideas to roll out to advertisers that attend trade shows, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Manages integration costs for greatest possible efficiencies.
- Functions as the company’s primary point of contact between clients and producers for advertisers/agencies who have purchased added value/ sponsorship opportunities.
- Reviews and distributes the weekly Ad Sales Sponsorship updates.
- Responsible for supervisory duties for Integrated Sponsorship Coordinator(s) including hiring, scheduling, timecard approvals, performance evaluations, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, task assignment, goal setting and team meetings/communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position is responsible for the supervision of other employees
- Position requires a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience (?) in cable TV, broadcast, or ad agency, preferably in a sales and/or supervisory capacity. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Media, Marketing, Advertising, or related field required.
- Must be internal and external customer-focused
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy
- Strong organizational and self-management skills required
- Team player – effectively working with all functions of the business to promote overall sales growth
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Ability to build and maintain successful long-term business relationships
- Basic math skills and analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills to determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Ability to supervise other employees
- Ability to travel, if needed. Travel is minimal in this position.
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required