Managing Editor – SIPs
Location: Peoria, IL
Outdoor Sportsman Group – Integrated Media, a multi-platform media company, is seeking a full-time Managing Editor for our Special Issue Publications. This position is located in our Peoria, Illinois office.
The Managing Editor oversees organization and production of all editorial sections of the magazines, reviews and edits manuscripts, and maintains work flow with the editorial department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with Editor on editorial content of each issue.
- Review new manuscripts and recommend acceptance or rejection.
- Edit manuscripts and regular features.
- Write articles/sidebars as needed.
- Work closely with Art Director to maintain appropriate editorial standards.
- Handle correspondence and payments with authors and photographers; respond to queries.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Proof all mechanicals and bluelines.
- Assist with raw ad copy – both display and classified as needed.
- Assist with the editorial/advertising layout.
- Assist with the editorial outline for each issue.
- Represent magazine(s) at outdoor events/activities.
- Consult as needed with the circulation, advertising and accounting departments.
- Monitor compliance with the editorial production schedule.
- College degree in Journalism or English.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in magazine editorial procedures.
- Knowledge of and interest in the outdoors and outdoor sports.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume.