Editor – Firearms News
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Peoria, IL
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
The Editor oversees organization and production of all editorial sections of the magazine, reviews and edits manuscripts, and maintains work flow with the editorial department.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with Editor on editorial content of each issue.
- Review new manuscripts and recommend acceptance or rejection.
- Edit manuscripts and regular features.
- Write articles/sidebars as needed.
- Work closely with Art Director to maintain appropriate editorial standards.
- Handle correspondence and payments with authors and photographers; respond to queries.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Proof all mechanicals and bluelines.
- Assist with raw ad copy – both display and classified as needed.
- Assist with the editorial/advertising layout.
- Assist with the editorial outline for each issue.
- Represent magazine(s) at outdoor events/activities.
- Consult as needed with the circulation, advertising and accounting departments.
- Monitor compliance with the editorial production schedule.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree in Journalism or English.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in magazine editorial procedures.
- Knowledge of and interest in the outdoors and outdoor sports.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume.