NOTICE OF OPENING: OUTDOOR SPORTSMAN GROUP
POSITION: PROGRAMMING COORDINATOR
CANDITATE POOL: INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
REPORTS TO: VP, PROGRAMMING PLANNING & SCHEDULING
APPLICATION DEADLINE: UNTIL FILLED
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Creates and coordinates various forms of program scheduling information for the network and communicates information internally and externally to program suppliers and TV listings services.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in quarterly strategy planning for linear program scheduling; assist with the development of programming stunts and premiere events
- Create, distribute and maintain all Programming documents – grids, EPGs, descriptions.
- Input Episodic program schedules into Programming database.
- Responsible for maintaining programming system – including inputting program details and running reports as requested
- Update and Distribute Program Schedules to Listing Services and internal digital group on a weekly basis
- Review and Assist with compliance regarding Program Contract Obligations.
- Understand the scheduling process and audience flow as it relates to maximizing our content by making recommendations on program schedule placement and replacement strategies
- Generate and issue program schedule changes as needed
- Point of Contact with program suppliers on Program Run Orders, Descriptions and Protected Sponsor Categories
- Liaise with Channel Manager on program deliveries, episode schedule, make-goods, etc.
- Provide programming updates and support to all other departments as needed – Operations, Traffic, On Air Promos, Marketing, Compliance
- Communicate and confirm Program airtimes with Program Suppliers.
- Assist with FVOD Program selection
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of television experience and/or knowledge, as well as a high interest of the media landscape preferred. At a minimum some experience in a general office or administrative environment to include spreadsheet and word processing functions, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail-oriented, independent, proactive, and a team player.
- Ability to be highly organized and work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel and database applications experience.
- Knowledge and interest in Outdoor Lifestyle a plus.
- Ability to communicate successfully with people at many levels within the company as well as with vendors, clients, etc.
- Experience with Wide Orbit Program software a plus