Regional Editor – West – Game & Fish
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
REPORTS TO: Editorial Director
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Outdoor Sportsman Group, America’s premier media group for outdoor sports, is seeking a full-time Regional Editor with strong knowledge of fishing and hunting in the western United States for its Game & Fish West print publication, as well as the brand’s related digital and social media properties. The position is based from home with occasional travel to Harrisburg, Pa., where Game & Fish produces four industry-leading regional hunting and fishing magazines, upward-trending digital content for GameAndFishMag.com, and a growing social media presence.
The Regional Editor must be a versatile and efficient content producer, able to easily move across the brand’s platforms while contributing to print, digital and social media. The Regional Editor will work closely with editorial, design and digital teams to conceptualize, assign, organize, edit and write content for print and online publication.
- A demonstrated ability to develop story concepts and approaches for articles on region-specific hunting and fishing tactics, destinations, outdoor skills and gear selection, with attention to current fishing and hunting trends
- Exemplary copy-editing and proofreading skills
- Proven writing skills for producing catchy headlines, subtitles and cutlines
- Keen eye for identifying supporting photography, illustrations and graphics
- Clear vision of how print articles seamlessly integrate with digital content
- A born collaborator who can direct a network of freelance contributors
- Ability to excel as a team player in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to articulate concepts and story ideas to contributors when making assignments
- Demonstrated project-planning skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of hunting and fishing in Western states essential; residency in AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA or WY preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, creative writing, interactive media or equivalent experience; 2 to 5 years of editorial experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud apps
- Experience in, and a passion for, hunting and fishing required
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
Normal office environment. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity enough to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires mobility enough to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.