Notice Of Opening: Outdoor Sportsman Group
Location: Denver, CO or New York, NY
Candidate Pool: Internal & External Candidates
Under general supervision, the Media Research Analyst at Outdoor Channel contributes to the strategy of the networks, websites, digital applications and magazine publications, providing critical analysis and insights to decision-makers. Collects and evaluates audience, ratings, market, economic and/or sales data. Creates and maintains research files and databases for the company.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translates data into summaries and analysis with conclusions that deliver on objectives and support proactive insights and recommendations.
- Creates and maintains research briefs, one-sheets and white papers on a variety of topics important to the overall business goals of the network.
- Creates and publishes regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that inform the company of trends and performance of company assets, the competition, and the industry.
- Exposed to challenging primary research initiatives including focus groups, brand awareness research, dedicated online community/panel and a variety of quantitative surveys as well as website and TV ratings.
- Provides strategic research in support of client specific presentations and proposals. Fulfills ad-hoc research requests for Ad Sales, Programming, Affiliate Sales, the network’s executive team and producers.
- Generates lead-related research to support sales efforts.
- Generates and maintains databases.
- Develop a variety of charts, tables, graphs, etc. to convey research messages visually for all of the above.
- Compiles competitive information on an on-going basis.
- Seeks ways to automate reporting for recurring data analysis.
- Present findings to team members and occasionally to other relevant staff.
- Senior level Analyst may provide guidance or training to junior level Analyst, as needed.
- Fulfills ad-hoc research requests for various functions across the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications/economics or related field preferred, or equivalent experience required.
- Generally requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in research, media, cable, online, digital or related field.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Power user of Excel strongly preferred with ability in macros, pivot tables, etc.
- Familiarity with MRI, Nielsen Marketbreaks, CMR, comScore, Simmons, Google Analytics, Rentrak, and/or Star Media a plus.
- Excellent at the use of Excel and managing spreadsheets. Ability to write macros, automate spreadsheets, manage databases, create pivot tables, and create graphics and tables.
- Ability to work with large data sets. Aptitude in dealing with numbers with high accuracy.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, creating graphics that quickly communicate the key findings from analysis of numbers.
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Flawless attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct in-depth data analysis.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment.
- Must display excellent communication skills while working with various parties.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to multiple, often diverse audiences.
- Must be able to show creativity and initiative ethic with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment while maintaining accuracy is critical.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, communicate workload with supervision and understand when to escalate potential issues.