Research Manager – Ad Sales
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO; New York, NY
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: VP. Cross Platform Research
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Under general supervision, the Media Research Manager at Outdoor Channel contributes to the Ad Sales strategy of the Outdoor Sportsman Groups (OSG) portfolio of TV networks, magazine publications and digital properties. Coordinates with Sales Marketing to develop all Research materials for recurring Ad Sales literature for traditional TV and Print properties including Upfront, Shot Show, ATA, Endemic Print Deck, Non-Endemic TV deck, etc. Leverage Ad Spend data for Endemic and Non-Endemic Ad Sales prospecting. Help support Westwind client prospecting and support efforts.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translates data into summaries and analysis with conclusions that deliver on objectives and support proactive insights and recommendations
- Creates and maintains research briefs, one-sheets and white papers aimed at driving 360 cross platform campaign proposals in order to generate ad sales revenue an increase share for OSG properties
- Creates and publishes regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that inform the company of trends and performance of company assets, the competition and the industry
- Generates and maintains databases and develops charts, tables, graphs, etc. to convey research messages visually
- Leverage materials from primary and syndicated research including focus groups, brand awareness research, dedicated online community/panel and a variety of quantitative surveys to help drive Ad Sales revenue
- Provides strategic research in support of client specific presentations and proposals. Fulfills ad-hoc research requests for Ad Sales and other internal stakeholders as necessary
- Generates lead-related research to support sales efforts
- Potential to attend and present during client calls/meetings
- Compiles competitive information on an on-going basis
- Seeks ways to automate reporting for recurring data analysis
- Present findings to team members and occasionally to other relevant staff
- Manager may provide guidance or training to colleagues and internal stakeholders, as needed
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Physical Activities
- Ability to leverage data to tell stories that will help to position OSG properties in the best light for Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales and Programming Sales as needed
- Excellent at the use of Excel and managing spreadsheets. Ability to write macros, automate spreadsheets, manage databases, create pivot tables and create graphics and tables
- Ability to work with large data sets. Aptitude in dealing with numbers with high accuracy
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, creating graphics that quickly communicate the key findings from analysis of numbers
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Flawless attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct in-depth data analysis
- Keen sense of urgency and commitment
- Must display excellent communication skills while working with various parties
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to multiple, often diverse audiences
- Must be able to show creativity and initiative ethic with little supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment while maintaining accuracy is critical
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, communicate workload with supervision and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Ability to travel if needed; occasional travel is needed in this position
- Fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Ability to work extended hours as required
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications/economics or related field preferred, or equivalent experience required.
- Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in TV Ad Sales research or related field.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, Word and PowerPoint.
- Power user of Excel strongly preferred with ability in macros, pivot tables, etc.
- Familiarity with MRI, Nielsen Marketbreaks, CMR, comScore, Simmons, Google Analytics, Rentrak and/or Star Media a plus.