Sales Planner, Ad Sales
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver CO, New York, NY or Chicago, IL
REPORTS TO: VP, Ad Sales Pricing & Planning
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
The Ad Sales Planner position will report directly to the Vice President of Ad Sales Pricing and Planning. Under general supervision, the Ad Sales Planner works closely with corporate and/or regional advertising sales staff to facilitate the selling of media advertising by providing plans, research, and marketing elements that meet the needs of clients and agencies. Where appropriate, the Ad Sales planner may have direct sales opportunities to assigned clients and agencies as determined by management.
Examples of work performed:
- Develop proposals, presentations, and packages to address the priorities and preferences of potential or existing OSG advertising sales customers.
- Work with assigned Account Executive/National Account Manager and Pricing and Planning team to understand scope of proposal requests and independently builds and develops customized proposals and related sales presentations.
- Submit completed and approved proposals/presentations, plans and related packages to be presented to prospective advertisers with review and approval from Account Executive and/or sales management.
- Review proposals moving to order to confirm inventory and added value opportunities remain available. Confirm whether pricing and inventory requests are within reasonable, customary and agreed to parameters.
- Monitor and track ordered schedules through the sales cycle to ensure all deal points are delivered per the expectations of the clients and/or agencies.
- Create and distribute pre and post log reporting as needed. Create campaign wrap-up/review documentation as assigned.
- Update existing media schedules as needed due to pricing, programming, inventory and clearance changes during the ordered campaign. Communicate relevant pricing and schedule information to Account Executive and client/agencies. Confirm that schedule and pricing changes have been correctly implemented within the sales and traffic systems.
- Monitor ordered schedules for delivery of audience guarantees and schedule available inventory for make-goods on an account-by-account basis according to pre-determined account parameters. Communicate details of booked make-good schedules and receives approvals for schedules from client representatives.
- Develop and update materials to help account executive and sales management track existing orders, revenue achieved, clearance rates, inventory utilization, and participate in other support-related activities for the assigned account executive including appointment management and prospecting activities.
- Manage new account credit approvals and billing reconciliation. Review and resolve invoice discrepancies and other client/agency issues that might prevent the timely payment of invoices. Regularly communicates with Account Executive, Sales Management and Finance regarding any issue that could result in delayed payment of invoices.
- Partner with and support other Sales Planners, Coordinators, Pricing and Planning management and Traffic department team members as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Requires a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in cable TV industry sales and/or administration.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, and strong Power Point skills
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Motivated self-starter, with outstanding work ethic, who works well autonomously
- Superior sales, presentation, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise, and diplomacy
- Excellent relationship building, customer service and follow-up skills
- Solid interest in the outdoors and comfort with hunting and fishing sports
- Analytical perspective and familiarity with basic media research tools
- Attention to detail with excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with sales applications such as ClearSlide, Microsoft Dynamics 365, WideOrbit Network, or other relevant customer and order management systems
- Base Salary Range $55,000 per annum
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.