Sales Planner, Ad Sales
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; New York, NY
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: VP, Ad Sales Pricing & Planning
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Under general supervision, the Ad Sales Planner works closely with corporate and/or regional advertising sales staff to facilitate the selling of media advertising by providing plans, research and marketing elements that meet the needs of clients and agencies. Where appropriate, the Ad Sales Planner may have direct sales opportunities to assigned clients and agencies as determined by management.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops proposals, presentations and packages to address the priorities and preferences of assigned market segments.
- Produces sales proposals in order management system leveraging yield tools required.
- Works with assigned Account Executive/National Accounts Manager and Pricing and Planning team to understand scope of proposal requests to independently build and develop customized proposals and related client sales presentations.
- Submits completed and approved proposals/presentations, plans and related packages to the Account Executive to be presented to prospective advertisers with review and approval from sales management, including appropriate make-good provisions.
- Reviews proposals going to order to confirm inventory and added value opportunities remain available.
- Monitors and tracks all ordered schedules through the sales cycle to ensure that inventory and added value commitments are delivered and that all deal points are adhered to per the expectations of the clients and/or agencies.
- Creates campaign wrap-up/review documentation as assigned.
- Develops and updates materials to help Account Executives and sales management track year over year pacing, existing orders, and campaign delivery. Participates in other support-related activities for assigned Account Executives including appointment management and prospecting activities.
- Monitors ordered schedules for delivery and priorities available inventory for make-goods on an account by account basis according to pre-determined account parameters. Communicates make-good schedules and receives approvals for schedules from client representatives.
- Updates all related liability documentation for sales management.
- Reassigns and re-expresses scheduled inventory and added value as needed due to schedule and inventory changes during the ordered campaign.
- Communicates with various departments (i.e. traffic, marketing, creative services, research) during the sales cycle to aid Account Executives and ensure accuracy of advertising campaigns.
- Communicates all schedule changes and receives approvals from clients for any revisions made to an ordered schedule. Confirms that schedule changes have been correctly implemented within the sales and traffic systems.
- Partners with and supports other Sales Planners, Coordinators and Pricing and Planning management and Traffic department as needed.
- Works with Ad Ops/Sales to utilize historical data to support strategic decisions about new sales programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy.
- Requires the ability to use judgment and reasoning skills and determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Excellent relationship building, customer service and follow-up skills.
- Solid interest in the outdoors and comfort with hunting and fishing sports.
- Superior sales, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical perspective and familiarity with basic media research tools.
- Attention to detail with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment is critical.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must be internal and external customer focused.
Education or Formal Training
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
- Generally, requires a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in cable TV industry sales or online advertising operations and planning.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, strong Power Point skills. Familiarity with and understanding of CRM, Clearslide, WideOrbit Network, Broadview or other relevant sales management systems preferred.
- Experience using one or more internet ad serving system and order management systems (i.e. DFP/DSM, Operative, 24/7, Adtech, OAS, etc.) preferred.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- Ability to travel if needed; occasional travel is needed in this position.
- Fast-paced, distracting environment.
- Professional, yet casual office work environment.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.