Senior Accountant – OSG Networks
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: OSGN Controller
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
This position is responsible for a variety of accounting functions for multiple entities. Under the guidance and supervision of the Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks Controller, the primary role of the Senior Accountant will focus on timely and accurate monthly close, preparation of financial statements, and financial analysis, as well as various other projects.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take responsibility for reviewing, preparing and posting transactions to the general ledger for several entities
- Maintain ownership of accurate and timely account reconciliations
- Prepare well-organized, concise and well-documented work papers
- Manage intercompany transactions and elimination upon consolidation
- Maintain fixed asset system and reconcile asset listing to the general ledger monthly
- Accounting resource for digital team including owning month end close process
- Maintain bank reconciliations for multiple entities
- Complete monthly regulatory reporting
- Assist in the preparation of work-papers for the year-end audit
- Work closely with and support operational departments as needed
- Assist the Controller on various projects as necessary
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software programs; proficiency in Word and Excel is a must.
- Proficiency in Great Plains Accounting Software is a plus.
- Must be highly analytical and have an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multiple departments.
- Proven record of timely and efficient completion of high-level projects with minimal oversight.
- 2-3 years’ experience with 1+ years public accounting preferred