Location: Kennesaw, GA
Candidate Pool: Internal & External Candidates
Reports To: SVP, Controller
Prepare, compile and analyze financial and accounting data to ensure that the Company’s general ledger account balances and related activity are properly stated and reported on a timely basis each month. Also, this position is responsible for handling and understanding several publishing-specific accounting duties.
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for efficiently and effectively carrying out daily, weekly, and monthly accounting activities associated with the general ledger month-end closing process.
- Responsible for preparing various journal entries.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Responsible for the proper accounting and reporting of various balance sheet accounts, including cash, receivables, prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, deferred revenue, and equity.
- Responsible for preparation of various schedules related to federal and state income tax compliance reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of year-end, external audit schedules. Other ad hoc special projects.
Job requirements include:
- Dynamics GP experience and proficiency.
- Familiarity with Oracle 11i.
- High proficiency with MS Office software.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Pro-active, self-starter personality, with the ability to meet deadlines and properly prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Professional attitude, appearance and manner.
- Dependable, good work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills: Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively; Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of audience.
- Pace and Scheduling
- Requires meeting strict deadlines.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- Minimum 4 – 8 years’ relevant experience
Please send cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.