Senior Accountant – OSG Publishing
POSITION: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
REPORTS TO: CONTROLLER
LOCATION: DENVER, CO
DATE: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
The Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Accounting and Finance team and helps to ensure that the month-end close and reporting process is as efficient and effective as possible. This position is responsible for internal reporting and financial analysis for multiple magazines. Additionally, this role will assist with calculating, posting, verifying, and recording of financial transactions necessary to produce timely and accurate financial statements.
- Assist with revenue tracking, trending and forecasting for multiple magazines.
- Financial analysis of various brands, including profitability analyses.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly management reports and financial statements.
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and reporting.
- Prepare and analyze monthly general ledger account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items timely.
- Assist in developing accounting policies and administer approved accounting procedures.
- Support the periodic budgeting/reforecast and annual audit processes.
- Assist with strategic planning as assigned.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No direct supervisory duties.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting principles and theories.
- Excellent systems aptitude and strong analytical skills.
- Excel at problem solving and detail oriented.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work largely independently when given clear direction and to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excels in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment with the ability to keep a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate successfully with people at many levels within the company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of finance or accounting experience.
- Strong financial systems knowledge.
- Degree in finance or accounting.
- Advanced Excel skills. Proficient in all other Windows and Microsoft Office software programs.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software a plus.
This position description represents an overview of the position and is not designed to cover all duties or requirements of the role.