NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Controller
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
The Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Accounting team and helps to ensure that the month-end close process is as efficient and effective as possible. This position is responsible for calculating, posting, verifying, and recording of financial transactions necessary to produce timely and accurate financial statements.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting for multiple entities
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly management reports and financial statements
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and reports
- Prepare and analyze monthly general ledger account reconciliations, and resolve reconciling items timely
- Assist in developing accounting policies and administer approved accounting procedures
- Support the annual audit process
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- No direct supervisory duties.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and theories
- Excellent systems aptitude and strong analytical skills
- Excel at problem solving and detail oriented
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work largely independently when given clear direction and to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excels in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment with the ability to keep a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate successfully with people at many levels within the company
- Strives for excellence and inspires others to do the same.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong financial systems knowledge
- Degree in finance or accounting
- Advanced Excel skills. Proficient in all other Windows and Microsoft Office software programs
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software a plus
This position description represents an overview of the position and is not designed to cover all duties or requirements of the role.