Senior Editor – Major League Fishing
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
DEPARTMENT: Production Operations
REPORTS TO: VP of Broadcast Production
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
The Sr. Avid Editor will provide a high level of technical and creative video editing expertise to the Post Production finishing process. The applicant must be able to work within a team of producers & editors to meet goals and deadlines. Those goals include the assembling & polishing of each program into a high-quality broadcast ready show. This will be done on Avid editing system in a multi-editor, multi-suite workflow. Advanced editing proficiency with the Avid is necessary. Knowledge of and proficiency in other editing, graphics and audio software will be an asset.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Sr. Avid Editor must bring an advanced knowledge and practical experience using Avid’s Media Composer, which includes the ability to import, link and organize video, audio & graphics, color correction of video, final audio mixes and metadata within the Avid project.
- The Sr. Avid Editor must be able to create new or adapt existing graphic elements to match an existing program graphic look.
- The Sr. Avid Editor will export a final video which meets all applicable technical standards, in a file-based and/or physical format and backup all essential metadata/media for archival purposes.
- The Sr. Avid Editor will need to work in a team environment, displaying a clean editing workflow. This includes Avid project bin organization, on-going project/elements backup, final project backup for long-term archival purposes or future editing, etc.
- Critical decision making and attention to detail.
- Leadership in a team environment.
- Contribute to other aspects of production as required.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8 years of experience with Avid.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a group to accomplish goals.
- Adept at problem solving and critical thinking.
- Proficiency with Avid Media Composer and supporting programs.
- Self-starter; able to develop an approach to problem-solving with minimal direction and to find innovative solutions to challenges that are encountered while pursuing an end goal.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once and to exercise good judgment when confronted with conflicting timelines and multiple requests for quick turnarounds.
- Must be self-motivated.