NOTICE OF OPENING: KSE Media Ventures
LOCATION: Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Human Resources
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Manages human resources functions for Outdoor Sportsman Group.
- Advises media managers and supervisors regarding employee relations and personnel issues to help ensure adherence to company policies/procedures and associated documentation is provided on a regular basis; consults with managers regarding disciplinary measures and terminations on a regular basis; conducts investigations into alleged employee misconduct as needed, provides summary of results and makes recommendation for action as needed; consults legal counsel as needed.
- Directs the recruitment, selection and hiring process for media positions including: advise to hiring managers regarding position pay, advertising/recruitment methods, guides managers through the interview/selection process, i.e., legal limitations, development of interview questions, selection of final candidates, final selection, verbal offer of employment, etc.
- Develops reports from the human resources information system to assist media managers with information on various issues, i.e., employee turn-over rates, suggested starting salary ranges, etc.
- Manages Outdoor Sportsman Group’s unemployment claims with third party vendor; prepares for and attends unemployment hearings as needed.
- Creates and maintains job descriptions for full time Outdoor Sportsman Group employees; Completes job analysis and compensation analysis.
- Consults with management in workforce planning
- Advises media department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, wage and hour laws, employee benefits, performance management, etc.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports/survey data to assist media and arena hiring managers and/or department heads in determining competitive hourly wages or compensation packages.
- Directs worker’s compensation claims process for Outdoor Sportsman Group. Manages worker’s compensation claims including receipt of 1st Report of Injury; communication with medical providers; answering employee questions; work restrictions and other related issues; enters information into OSHA log as injuries occur, maintains the log according to OSHA regulation, ensures that log is posted for viewing on an annual basis and is in compliance with OSHA requirements.
- Continuous educational development in human resources topics and trends to include legislation (impacted states) and industry trends.
- Manages the Human Resources Coordinator and Generalist for Outdoor Sportsman Group.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Human Resources Coordinator and Generalist
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Solid knowledge of general human resource functions and procedures.
- Ability to successfully communicate with executive and senior management and a diverse staff.
- Skill in communicating with employees and managers regarding confidential situations and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and meet company vehicle driving standards.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of both education and experience.
- Human Resources Certification Preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP)
- Five to eight years of experience in a variety of human resource functions to include benefits administration, worker’s compensation, employee relations, legal compliance, employment law, staffing, record-keeping, compensation, etc.
Material and Equipment Used:
- General office equipment including copier, fax, phone, computer/keyboard, etc.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Stand up to 1/3 of time.
- Walk, sit, up to 2/3 of time.
- Talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, 2/3 or more of time.
- Lift up to 10 lbs. up to 1/3 of time.
- Moderate to very loud noise.
- Clear vision at 20 inches, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.