Senior Research Analyst
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO; New York, NY
REPORTS TO: Research Director
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
Under general supervision, the Media Research Analyst at Outdoor Channel contributes to the strategy of the networks, websites, digital applications and magazine publications, providing critical analysis and insights to decision-makers. Collects and evaluates audience, ratings, market, economic and/or sales data. Creates and maintains research files and databases for the company.
Examples of work performed:
- Translates data into summaries and analysis with conclusions that deliver on objectives and support proactive insights and recommendations.
- Creates and maintains research briefs, one-sheets and white papers on a variety of topics important to the overall business goals of the network.
- Creates and publishes regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that inform the company of trends and performance of company assets, the competition, and the industry.
- Exposed to challenging primary research initiatives including focus groups, brand awareness research, dedicated online community/panel and a variety of quantitative surveys as well as website and TV ratings.
- Provides strategic research in support of client specific presentations and proposals. Fulfills ad-hoc research requests with minimal supervision for Ad Sales, Programming, Affiliate Sales, the network’s executive team and producers.
- Generates lead-related research to support sales efforts.
- Generates and maintains databases for both digital and linear research
- Develop a variety of charts, tables, graphs, etc. to convey research messages visually for all of the above.
- Compiles competitive information on an on-going basis.
- Seeks ways to automate reporting for recurring data analysis.
- Present findings to team members and occasionally to other relevant staff.
- Senior level Analyst may provide guidance or training to junior level Analysts and Interns, as needed.
- Fulfills ad-hoc research requests for various functions across the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be asked to supervise Interns as needed
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications/economics or related field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Generally requires a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of progressive responsible experience in research, media, cable, online, digital or related field.
- Familiarity with MRI, Nielsen Marketbreaks, CMR, comScore, Simmons, Google Analytics, Rentrak, and/or Star Media a plus.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent at the use of Excel and managing spreadsheets. Ability to write macros, automate spreadsheets, manage databases, create pivot tables, and create graphics and tables.
- Proven ability to work with large data sets. Aptitude in dealing with numbers with high accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, creating graphics that quickly communicate the key findings from analysis of numbers.
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Flawless attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct in-depth data analysis.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment.
- Must display excellent communication skills while working with various parties.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to multiple, often diverse audiences.
- Must be able to show creativity and initiative ethic with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment while maintaining accuracy is critical.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, communicate workload with supervision and understand when to escalate potential issues.
- Base salary range $60,000-$70,000 per annum
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.