Social Media Specialist – Major League Fishing
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Benton, KY; Tulsa, OK
REPORTS TO: V.P. Digital Media/Editor-In-Chief and Sr. Manager Digital Editorial
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
Major League Fishing is in search of a Social Media Specialist who has the knowledge and skills to help elevate our brand’s social media strategy while connecting with fishing fans around the world. MLF is the world’s largest bass tournament organization, and is in search of a specialist with equally grand potential to increase our brand’s visibility and reach in the ever-evolving world of social media.
This Social Media Specialist will contribute heavily to MLF’s existing social media framework, helping to identify the target audience and key interests of fans on each individual platform. They’ll be working within the diverse Digital Media team to accurately and dynamically communicate the MLF and MLF5 brands via smart, well-planned social content.
The ideal candidate will have experience in creating digital content that caters to each of the social media platforms that MLF employs. The key goals of this position will be to increase awareness of the MLF brand, satisfy sales obligations, increase engagement, educate fans, stimulate web traffic and help drive revenue.
This is NOT a regular 9-to-5 position. This individual will be working as part of a team that covers hundreds of bass fishing tournaments a year, which means frequently working early in the morning, late at night and on weekends.
In order to land an interview, candidates must provide a cover letter that showcases their writing skills and includes ideas on how they could elevate MLF’s social media strategy.
Examples of work performed:
- Coordinate with MLF internal departments and sponsors on social strategy, digital marketing, sales obligations, company-wide branding initiatives and the promotion of MLF circuits and anglers.
- Create and publish branded content on all MLF social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and TikTok.
- Maintain frequent, responsive interaction with MLF social media followers via comments and direct messages on all social platforms.
- Make judgement calls on what content gets posted where, based on post performance and capabilities of each platform.
- Produce and manage livestream posts on the appropriate social platforms.
- Plan and help execute takeovers on MLF social pages (specifically Instagram)
- Organically grow the MLF fan base via strategic posts and authentic communication.
- Compile and organize social media data to be used for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Generate new ideas, implement approved strategies and report key learnings.
- Content creation: Set clear objectives and generate brand-specific videos and graphics.
- Identify, curate, review and publish content from sponsors, anglers and other third parties.
- Work with the Social Media Manager to build and execute a detailed social calendar.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media news, trends, platform updates, and changes in algorithms for the various social media platforms.
- Travel to some MLF events to capture content (videos, photos, etc.) for social media.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Some work performed outdoors
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong writing skills are a must! Applicant must be able to prove his or her ability to write conversational and engaging social media copy that is tailored to each platform.
- Knowledge of tournament bass fishing is preferred.
- Proven track record of social media success and growth on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Professional experience in social media management or the bass fishing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- High level of attention to detail and thorough understanding of proper grammar.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment and produce under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Experience with content management systems and social media scheduling tools.
- Videography, photography, and graphic-design experience preferred, not required.
- Basic video editing experience using Adobe Premiere is a plus.
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.