Social Media Specialist
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
DEPARTMENT: Exec & Admin
REPORTS TO: Manager, Digital Editorial
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Major League Fishing (MLF) is looking for a social media expert who is ready to take the league’s social media strategy to the next level and beyond. This position is responsible for executing and continuing to develop MLF’s existing social media strategy, identifying target customers, scaling social driven sales campaigns, driving revenue, developing brand awareness, increasing engagement among followers, ensuring customer satisfaction, generating web traffic, and coordinating content for all social platforms. The ideal candidate will also have experience in executing promotions in the digital space.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with all internal cross-functional departments and external clients on social strategy, digital marketing, sales obligations, company-wide initiatives and the promotion of our league and anglers.
- Execute social-driven sales campaign deliverables.
- Produce and manage live streaming on the appropriate social platforms.
- Create hashtag campaigns and branded content on all our social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other similar community sites.
- Social Customer Service: Manage and respond to all public and private questions and comments.
- Organically grow our fan base via proactive authentic communication.
- Compile and organize social media data to be used for quarterly and annual reports.
- Implement and test new content marketing and publishing tactics and report key learnings.
- Content Creation: Set clear objectives and generate brand-specific videos, memes and GIFs.
- Identify, Curate and publish sponsor and 3rd party audience-specific content.
- Update all existing partner/producer contacts quarterly to insure proper communication and content delivery.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends, software updates, and changes in algorithms for the various social media platforms.
- Constantly generate ideas about new ways to reach our target audience and interact with fans
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of the professional bass fishing industry is helpful, not required
- Proven track record of social media success and growth on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Ability to build and maintain online communities and blogger relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Professional experience in social media management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment and produce under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic video editing experience using Premiere or Avid is a plus.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.