Social Media Specialist – Major League Fishing
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Major League Fishing is looking for a well-rounded, well-written, social-media-savvy professional who is ready to take the league’s social media strategy to the next level and beyond. This person will execute and contribute heavily to MLF’s existing social media strategy, identify the target audience and key interests, and work with sponsors on social-driven sales campaigns. The social media specialist will work with the Digital Media team to accurately and dynamically communicate the MLF and MLF BIG5 brands, increase brand awareness, satisfy sales obligations, increase engagement, educate fans, generate web traffic, drive revenue, and coordinate content for all social platforms. The ideal candidate will also have experience in creating digital content that caters to each of the social media platforms.
In order to land an interview, provide a cover letter that showcases your writing skills and includes ideas on how you could elevate MLF’s social media strategy.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with all internal cross-functional departments and sponsors on social strategy, digital marketing, sales obligations, company-wide initiatives and the promotion of our leagues and anglers.
- Plan and execute social-driven sales campaigns.
- Produce and manage live streaming events on the appropriate social platforms.
- Create branded content on all MLF BIG5 social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Fan interaction: Manage and respond to public and private questions and comments.
- Organically grow the MLF and MLF BIG5 fan base via strategic posts and authentic communication.
- Compile and organize social media data to be used for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Implement new marketing and publishing tactics and report key learnings.
- Content creation: Set clear objectives and generate brand-specific videos and graphics.
- Identify, curate, review and publish content from sponsors and third parties.
- Review and update all existing sponsor contracts quarterly to insure proper communication and content delivery.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media trends, platform updates, and changes in algorthyms for the various social media platforms.
- Generate ideas for new ways to reach our target audience and interact with fans.
- Travel to some MLF and/or MLF BIG5 events to create content (videos, photos, etc.) for social media.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong writing skills are an absolute must: Applicant must be able to prove his or her ability to write conversational and engaging social media copy that is tailored for each platform.
- Knowledge of fishing and/or the professional bass fishing industry preferred.
- Proven track record of social media success and growth on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, a related field, or equivilant experience.
- Professional experience in social media management or the bass fishing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- High level of attention to detail and deep understanding of proper grammer.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment and produce under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Experience with content management systems and social media scheduling tools.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office applications.
- Videography and/or photography experience preferred, not required.
- Basic video editing experience using Adobe Premiere or Avid is a plus.