Staff Accountant II
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: Senior Accounting Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
The Staff Accountant II is an integral part of the Accounting team and helps to ensure that the month-end close process is as efficient and effective as possible. This position is responsible for calculating, posting, and recording financial transactions necessary to produce timely and accurate financial statements. Additionally, the Staff Accountant II will provide an analytical self-review and summary of the financial statements.
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting for multiple entities, as assigned.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly management reports and financial statements.
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and reports.
- Prepare and analyze monthly general ledger account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items timely.
- Assist in developing accounting policies and administer approved accounting procedures.
- Support the annual budget process.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting.
- Work closely with and support operational departments as needed.
- Review coding of employee purchasing card transactions to ensure proper expense recognition.
- Assist the Senior Accounting Manager and Controller on various projects as necessary.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced Excel skills; proficient in Word and other Microsoft Office software programs.
- Ability to work independently when given clear direction and to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with multiple departments.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software a plus.