Outdoor Channel’s ‘The Brigade: Race to the Hudson’ Sets Tone for Network’s April Ratings Success

May 20, 2019

OSG Logo New

OSG Networks rank as Two of the Top Three Fastest Growing Networks with Men

DENVER (May 20, 2019) The Brigade: Race to the Hudson presented by Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s set the tone for April’s Outdoor Channel rating success, increasing +108% in average audience impressions from one year ago during the same time period (8 p.m.) with Men 25-54. Sportsman Channel, led by Meateater during weekday fringe, also garnered high marks in key demos throughout the month of April, with the channel increasing +46% with Men 25-54 during total day.

The results place Sportsman Channel as the No. 1 fastest growing cable channel with Men 25-54 in year-over-year Average Audience delivery growth and Outdoor Channel ranking close behind at No.3 among all basic cable networks during April 2019.

Outdoor Channel Highlights:

  • Average Audience (AA) Delivery:
  • Total Day: Households AA 22.6K, up +12% from one year ago (April 2018)
  • Prime: Households AA 38.4K, up +25% from one year ago (April 2018)
  • Weekend: Households AA 39.2K, up +8% from one year ago (April 2018)
  • Key Demos – vs. April 2018
    • Men 18-49: Up +12% in Total Day, +12% in Prime, and +24% in Weekend
    • Men 25-54: Up +27% in Total Day, +38% in Prime, and +39% in Weekend

Sportsman Channel Highlights:

  • Average Audience (AA) Delivery:
  • Total Day: Households AA 9.3K, up +4% from a year ago (April 2018)
  • Prime: Households AA 12.8K
  • Weekend: Households AA 13.4K
  • Key Demos – vs. April 2018
    • Men 18-49: Up +10% in Total Day and +9% in Prime
    • Men 25-54: Up +46% in Total Day, +30% in Prime, and +91% in Weekend

nielsen-april

comscore-april

Measurement Term of the Month: Engagement.

Next time a cable channel touts their reach, ask if their viewers are also more engaged than their competitors? Is it “one-and-done,” or are their viewers actively watching and returning to your program again and again? Fact: Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel viewers are more actively engaged delivering both higher average minutes viewed and higher frequency, which results in a higher average audience during total day than our competitor.

For more information about Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks visit: www.outdoorsg.com

About Outdoor Channel: Outdoor Channel has been taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Outdoor Sportsman Group and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. For program times and other information, visit www.outdoorchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. #WhatGetsYouOutdoors. #MyOutdoorTV

About Sportsman Channel: Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD/Sportsman Channel Canada (added in 2019) are television and digital media networks fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of North Americans. A division of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman Canada delivers entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel/Sportsman Channel Canada embrace the attitude of celebrating the Great Outdoors in equal measure. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at thesportsmanchannel.com, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. #IAmSportsman. #MyOutdoorTV

Source: Nielsen; Marketbreaks; Live +7; AA Projected Units; 4/1/19-4/28/19; Year Ago: 4/2/18-4/29/18; Rank among all basic cable networks in % growth year-over-year with Men 25-54.

********

MEDIA CONTACT:

Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212. 852.6646 | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com

Outdoor Sportsman Group