Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks – Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network – Make a Big Splash for 2018January 3, 2018
“Deadliest Catch” Syndicated Premiere Landed on Outdoor Channel with 24-Hour Marathon on New Year’s Day
DENVER (January 3, 2018) – After the presents are opened, food devoured and thanks given, bring out the blankets and settle in for a new schedule of programming on Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network with original premieres and new episodes from returning series across all three networks beginning on Monday, January 1.
“As the new year dawns, we are excited to present new and exciting programming at Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network,” President and CEO of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Jim Liberatore said. “This new year will see Outdoor Channel expand its popular outdoor lifestyle programming with the addition of recently-acquired, first-run, syndicated cable television shows Deadliest Catch and Wicked Tuna to its lineup. Outdoor Channel has now become the exclusive, syndicated cable television home of Duck Dynasty, Deadliest Catch and Wicked Tuna.”
Deadliest Catch made its syndicated-cable premiere on Outdoor Channel with a 24-hour New Year’s Day marathon featuring episodes from the show’s first two seasons. Next, settle in for its regularly-scheduled timeslot on Monday, January 8 at 8 p.m. ET with the premiere of Season Three, followed by Season Four. Additional fishing programming coming to Outdoor Channel includes Major League Fishing on Saturdays at 2 p.m. ET and Major League Fishing’s All Angles on Saturdays at 4 p.m. ET. And the duck expansion continues with Duck Dynasty flocking to Monday through Fridays at 6–7 p.m. ET.
- Deadliest Catch (Mondays, 8 p.m. ET): For more than 12 years, the fisherman of Deadliest Catch have faced hurricane force winds, heavy-machinery, massive icebergs and 40-foot waves in documenting their adventure-filled lifestyle and vocation. Narrated by Mike Rowe, this 16-time Emmy Award-winning series documents the mortal perils, injuries and intense discomfort that fishing crews overcome in the Bering Sea catching Alaska king crab.
- Major League Fishing (Saturdays, 2 p.m. ET): Major League Fishing brings the high-intensity sport of competitive bass fishing into America's living rooms in the form of riveting two-hour TV episodes. Twenty-four world-class anglers are filmed over the course of a six-day event. The show captures their efforts as they utilize a demanding format that allows them to weigh all the "scorable bass" they catch.
- Major League Fishing’s All Angles (Beginning February 17 – Saturdays, 4 p.m. ET): Major League Fishing’s All Angles tells the story of Major League Fishing from a new perspective. We’ve seen the game from the boat, now we bring it to you from the parking lots, boat ramps and anywhere inside the MLF footprint when the events roll into town.
- Outdoor Movies weekend double feature – Get your jerky-flavored popcorn and settle in for a weekend double-feature with two nights of big Hollywood heroes delivered to your small screen. Big Country Fridays features western adventure-inspired films while Big Shot Saturdays has explosive action-adventure-themed films. Settle in to see City Slickers and City Slickers 2, Blazing Saddles and Cliffhanger, to name a few. Movies begin at 8 p.m. ET each night.
For other sportsmen and women, Sportsman Channel showcases hunting, shooting and fishing through unique and authentic storytelling. Favorites are back with new episodes including Dominant Bucks (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) and Lake Commandos (Saturdays, 10 p.m. ET). New series premieres also dot the landscape including: The MudbuMs (Sundays, 10 p.m. ET), a lifestyle show anyone with a good buddy can relate to; Western Extreme (Mondays, 8 p.m. ET) is moving from Outdoor Channel to Sportsman Channel to showcase adventure hunting throughout Alaska, Canada, Mexico and South Africa; and Emerald Tails (Sundays, 5 p.m. ET) features the pristine waters of the Emerald Coast.
- Lake Commandos (Saturdays, 10 p.m. ET): Each week on Lake Commandos, host Steve Pennez and a guest break down new water … while trying to out-fish each other.
- The MudbuMs (Sundays, 9 p.m. ET): Big fish, awesome camps, good food and the constant pursuit of a good laugh; The MudbuMs is a lifestyle show anyone with a good buddy can relate to.
- Western Extreme (Mondays, 8 p.m. ET): Each week Jim Burnworth takes viewers all over the world as he hunts the world’s most challenging game animals.
- Emerald Tails (Sundays, 5 p.m. ET): Follow Captain Todd Jones and Captain Nathan Chennai as they explore the pristine waters of the Emerald Coast. Each episode of Emerald Tails presented by Sun Harbor Marina will explore new gulf species and various tips and techniques.
World Fishing Network has what anglers want with all new episodes of educational and powerful fishing programming. Hooked on Africa returns with Season Four (Sundays, 8:30 p.m. ET) of continuous action on the Indian Ocean. Immediately after, catch Hoss Off the Grid with their sophomore season of adventure travel. And Season 10 of Jarrett Edwards Outdoors (Tuesdays, 8 p.m. ET) showcases underwater divers, aerial drones and multi-camera production to provide the best viewing experience possible.
- Hooked on Africa (Sundays, 8:30 p.m. ET) – Taking the finest destinations and the most exhilarating moments from the popular Inside Angling and Wildfly Fishing series, the crew showcases the most exhilirating fishing to be found in Africa and on the Indian Ocean.
- Hoss Off the Grid (Sundays, 9 p.m. ET) – Whether in his own backyard in the Pacific Northwest or in the jungles of Guyana, Hoss uses the excitement of sportfishing to tell the story of the real world drama taking place in our waters. Working with advocates and scientists in “Eco-moments” and checking out something unique about the area he’s fishing in “Locals Only,” Hoss gives viewers an unforgettable experience and something to think about as he fishes the world’s greatest waterways.
- Jarrett Edwards Outdoors (Tuesdays, 8 p.m. ET) – Jarrett Edwards, along with nationally- known experts in the field, take viewers on an exciting day on the water.
Other Q1 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- Hollywood Weapons (Saturdays, 7:30 p.m. ET) – Season Two begins February 24 hosted by Terry Schappert and Larry Zanoff. The duo will focus on the film “Quigley Down Under” (Tom Selleck), as well as other cinematic special presentations.
- Sportsman Channel
- Additional new series debuting include:
- The Ontario Experience (Saturdays, 8 p.m. ET) features fishing and hunting destinations across the province of Ontario, Canada.
- Livin’ The Dream (Saturdays, 12 p.m. ET) showcases inshore and offshore warm water and saltwater fishing.
- Xtreme Walleye Angler (Sundays, 3:30 p.m. ET) features some of the finest walleye fishing found across North America in Ontario’s beautiful north country.
- Other favorites returning on Sportsman Channel with new episodes include:
The Habit , (Sundays, 8 p.m. ET), Pigman: The Series (Sundays, 8:30 p.m. ET),
Major League Bowhunter (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET) and Petersen’s Hunting Adventures (Sundays, 9:30 p.m. ET).
- Saturday afternoon continues with unique programming features including:
Pigskin Bowl on February 3 beginning at 5 p.m. ET; Talkin’ Turkey returns February 24 and March 3 from 6-8 p.m. ET and Guns & Ammo Madness on March 24 beginning at 5 p.m. ET.
- Additional new series debuting include:
- World Fishing Network
- Other notable series include: George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing (Thursdays, 9:30 p.m. ET), Linder’s Angling Edge (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET) and Renegade Bass (Mondays, 9 p.m. ET).
- Competition fishing is heating up! Tune in for a Catch Me If You Can block of programming on Saturday nights beginning at 8 p.m. with Robson Green’s Grand Slam Fishing, followed by the premiere of Scott Martin Challenge, then it’s National Walleye Tour at 9:30 p.m. ET, IFA Redfish Tour at 10 p.m. ET and Texas Team Trail at 10:30 p.m. ET.
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network, as well as MOTV, the world’s leading outdoor television content platform. The Group also consists of a number of established publishing assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. #MyOutdoorTV
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com