Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks Pack Adventure in Top Shows, Movies and Talent in Q1 Programming ScheduleDecember 21, 2015
Outdoor Channel Acquires Syndicated Cable Air Rights to Duck Dynasty
DENVER (December 21, 2015) – Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks are responding to the diverse interests of today’s sportsmen and women by packing their first quarter (Q1) programming lineups for all three networks – Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network – with adventure, exceptional lifestyle experts and top talent, such as Ivan Carter, Steven Rinella, Lee and Tiffany Lakosky, Louie Tuminaro and Ted Nugent, to name a few; proven shows -syndicated cable airs of Duck Dynasty; and iconic movies with Joe Kidd and more. With original premieres and more than 1,300 new episodes from returning series across all three networks, viewers can expect the most original outdoor programming focused on their passions beginning on Monday, December 28.
“The new quarter and beginning of 2016 promises to be the start of a programming bonanza for the three networks of the Outdoor Sportsman Group,” said Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks CEO and President Jim Liberatore. “We have been committed and have successfully increased ratings, brought new viewers to the network over the past two years and will continue building on that trend with the premiere of original series Carter’s W.A.R., as well as the newly acquired cable air rights to the first six seasons of Duck Dynasty. Other shows on Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network continue to solidify our position as the world’s largest aggregator and content provider of outdoor lifestyle programming.”
Outdoor Channel – with programming focused on outdoor adventure featuring rugged, dangerous and exciting shows – is unveiling a new compelling original series, Carter’s W.A.R. and has acquired exclusive syndicated cable air rights to the popular Duck Dynasty. These programs join a roster of several returning TV series, including: The Gunfather presented by Brownells, Flying Wild Alaska and Wardens presented by Streamlight as tentpole programming for Q1.
- Carter’s W.A.R. (Wildlife Animal Response) presented by Nosler (Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT): This Outdoor Channel original series tells the untold story of wildlife detective, conservationist and professional hunting guide Ivan Carter, and his quest to save his homeland – Africa. From heavily armed poachers butchering elephants for their tusks to the slaughter of rhinos for their horns, Africa’s most precious resource is in peril. Can one man expose the truth and make a difference?
- Duck Dynasty (Mondays at 7 p.m. ET/PT): Duck Dynasty follows the Robertsons, a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business – Duck Commander – while staying true to their core values and outdoor lifestyle. They may look like your typical family – except for the beards – but with the antics of patriarch Phil, business-savvy Willie and the rest of the Duck Commander crew, including Willie’s wife, Korie, his brother Jase and Uncle Si, a Vietnam vet, the group is certainly anything but ordinary. Outdoor Channel will air the first six seasons of the series beginning January 18.
- The Gunfather presented by Brownells (Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT): The Tuminaro family is back for Season Two. The Gunfather revolves around the life of Louie Tuminaro, a tough-talking New Yorker who moved his family from the Big Apple to the small town of Hamilton, Montana in pursuit of his lifelong dream: opening the greatest gun shop in the West. That dream is now a reality called the Custom Shop, a firearms sales and restoration business.
- Flying Wild Alaska (Saturdays at 10 p.m. ET): Also back for a second season on Outdoor Channel is Flying Wild Alaska. The show follows the unconventional Tweto family, who rule Alaska’s most dangerous skies through the operation of their family-run airline, Era Alaska. Watch as they battle unforgiving Alaska weather and terrain to transport life’s necessities – champion snow dogs and medicine for sick children – to the isolated rural inhabitants of the Bering Sea coastline.
- Wardens presented by Streamlight (Mondays at 11:30 p.m. ET): When your job is protecting our most precious natural resources in some of the nation’s most remote areas, there is rarely a dull moment. The sixth season of Wardens chronicles the lives of Conservation Officers in Montana and highlights the men and women who protect
Sportsman Channel’s lineup – highlighting programming that appeals to the hardcore hunter and angler – features outdoor lifestyle, adventure, travel, food and survival. With fishing returning to the minds of outdoorsmen, Sportsman Channel is responding with new fishing adventure television series, Wild Billz and Lake Commandos, among numerous other fishing shows already on the docket. Plus, the New Year means the highly-anticipated return of MeatEater and the new adventures of Steven Rinella and crew. Plus, don’t miss the new series Made for the Outdoors to get the inside scoop on how the most popular outdoor brands are made.
- Wild Billz (Saturdays at 11 a.m. ET): What kind of person does it take to battle rough oceans, elite competitors, the fastest fish in the ocean and achieve success on the world’s largest stage in billfishing? Wildbillz follows three teams – 4 Aces, Liquid and Vitamin Sea Too – as they compete in the “Quest for the Crest,” a high stakes sailfish series off the Florida coast. Pride, ego and a cash purse in excess of $2 million will drive these teams to unimaginable limits.
- MeatEater (Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT): Host Steven Rinella continues to explore, hunt, and cook in some of North America’s most pristine landscapes. He shares his experience and insight about living off the land as he continues two life-long journeys – the pursuit of a huge public land mule deer and the hunt for his first and only grizzly bear. Other highlights include an impassioned defense of the American pronghorn, a deep dive into a traditional Virginia dove hunt and a return to the big woods of Wisconsin for deer camp on
- Lake Commandos (Saturdays at 8:30 a.m. ET): Each week on Lake Commandos, host Steve Pennaz and an expert guest break down new water while trying to out-fish one another.
- Made for the Outdoors (Sundays at 7 p.m. ET): Made for the Outdoors throws open the factory doors to show how the most popular brands of outdoor gear are made. Americans are passionate about their outdoor gear – each year spending billions of dollars on the products they use most. Hosts Bill Sherck and Lindsey Hayes dig into the production process, starting with the raw materials and ending with a finished product at work in the field.
Whether saltwater or freshwater, a local honey hole or abroad, World Fishing Network has what fishermen and women want with all new episodes of fresh fishing content, including Major League Fishing All Angles and World Fishing Journal.
- Major League Fishing All Angles (Saturdays at 4 p.m. ET): This new series tells the story of Major League Fishing from a whole new perspective. Viewers have seen the game from the boat – now they’ll see all the intensity and winning techniques. It’s an exclusive look at the game that can only be told by the MLF family.
- World Fishing Journal (Sundays at 11:30 a.m. ET) World Fishing Journal chronicles current stories in the fishing world. This month we follow the California Water Crisis. California’s water drought threatened to dry up the state’s rivers. With the impending El Nino set to strike, higher than normal water levels and possible flooding would lead to a crisis of epic proportions. Tune in to find out if El Nino will affect fisheries on the West Coast.
Other Q1 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- A number of movies will air throughout the quarter on Fridays at 9 p.m. ET, including: Winchester ’73 starring James Stewart and Shelly Winters; Joe Kidd featuring Clint Eastwood and Robert Duvall; and The Edge with Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins.
- Additional notable series returning with new episodes are: Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures (Sundays at 8 p.m. ET), starring Jim and Eva Shockey; Dream Season: The Journey (Sundays at 7 p.m. ET), featuring Mark and Terry Drury; Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector (Sundays at 10:30 p.m. ET) with Michael Waddell, Nick Mundt and Travis “T-Bone” Turner; Crush with Lee & Tiffany (Sundays at 7:30 p.m. ET), starring Lee and Tiffany Lakosky; Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild (Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET) with Ted Nugent; Go Wild Camo’s Gridiron Outdoors with Mike Pawlawski (Sundays at 6 p.m. ET), starring former NFL quarterback Mike Pawlawski; and RMEF Team Elk with Brandon and Kristy Titus (Thursdays
at 10:30 p.m. ET).
- Follow master hunter, guide and host Steve West through the untamed wilds of North America in The Adventure Series (Saturdays at 9 p.m. ET).
- Make a note of Outdoor Channel’s refreshed fishing programming, including new episodes of Major League Fishing GEICO Selects (Saturdays at 2 p.m. ET) and, beginning on February 8, new episodes of Jack Link’s Major League Fishing (Saturdays at 2 p.m. ET). Additional angling-focused series making a return are Buccaneers & Bones (Saturdays at 5 p.m. ET) with Yvon Chouinard, Tom Brokaw, Huey Lewis and Lefty Kreh; The Bass Pros (Sundays at 3:30 p.m. ET); and Modern Fishing with Jared Jeffries (Sundays at 3 p.m. ET), featuring former NBA player Jared Jeffries.
- Sportsman Channel
- Explore the passion of archery through the eyes of PRIME Pros presented by PRIME bows (Saturdays at 7 p.m. ET).
- Produced by the creators of Pigman: The Series, Just Junie can harvest it, drag it, skin it, gut it and cook it up all with a heavy dose of country-girl attitude (Sundays at Noon ET).
- Several series are moving over to Sportsman from Outdoor Channel including: Jay Gregory’s PSE’s Wild Outdoors (Fridays at 9:30 p.m. ET), Chris Bracket’s Arrow Affliction (Fridays at 10:30 p.m. ET), King of the Spring (Fridays at 7 p.m. ET), Steve West’s Hunting Adventures (Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. ET), Larry Dahlberg’s The Hunt for Big Fish (Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. ET) and Jackie Bushman’s Classics (Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. ET).
- World Fishing Network
World Fishing Network will highlight several shows including: Timmy Horton Outdoors (premieres Monday, January 4 at 8 p.m. ET); Robson Green Extreme Fisherman (premieres Saturday, January 9 at Noon ET) and South Bend’s Lunkerville (premieres Monday, January 11 at 9 p.m. ET).
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines, such as Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 17 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam.
About Outdoor Sportsman Group – Integrated Media: As a premier destination for the most avid outdoors enthusiasts, Outdoor Sportsman Group’s Integrated Media division is widely recognized for its strong special-interest multichannel brands, including Petersen’s Hunting, Guns & Ammo, In-Fisherman, North American Whitetail, Game & Fish and 10 other leading magazines that reach more than 26 million readers. Its network of 17 websites, including BassFan.com, attract more than 38 million annual unique visitors, and hundreds of TV episodes of original branded hunting, sport shooting and fishing programming that airs on Outdoor Sportsman Group’s broadcast entities. Visit http://outdoorsg.com for more information.
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | email@example.com
Shareese Thompson | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6639 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Skylar Isdale | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 303.615.8838| email@example.com