Accounting Manager – OSG Publishing
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Denver, CO
REPORTS TO: Controller, OSG Publishing
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
The Accounting Manager is an integral part of the Accounting team and helps to ensure that the month-end close process is as efficient and effective as possible. This position will assist in preparing statements in accordance with accounting guidelines to ensure accurate financial reporting and control, under the supervision of the Controller. Additionally, this position will provide a first-level analytical review and summary of the financial statements.
Examples of work performed:
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly financial statements and management reports for all assigned entities.
- Assist in developing accounting policy and procedures, and administer approved accounting procedures.
- Participate in preparation and coordination of the annual audit for all entities.
- Record and review financial transactions necessary to produce internal and external financial statements.
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and reports. Review journal entries and monthly reporting for other entities as assigned.
- Review account reconciliations and research reconciling items timely.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- CPA or CPA-track a plus. Degree in accounting required.
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated accounting experience. Public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office software programs with advanced Excel skills.
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Previous management experience a plus
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated accounting and finance knowledge and experience.
- Excellent systems aptitude and strong analytical skills.
- Excel at problem solving and detail oriented.
- General ledger knowledge and financial analysis skills a must.
- Excels in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritize and keep a positive attitude.
- High detail orientation and problem-solving skills required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate successfully with people at many levels within the company.
- Base salary range $85,000-$95,000 per annum
- Eligible for annual discretionary bonus
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan/Employer Match
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.