Assistant Editor & Producer – Major League Fishing
NOTICE OF OPENING: Major League Fishing
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
DEPARTMENT: Digital Operations
REPORTS TO: VP, Digital Media & Editor-In-Chief
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
Are you a skilled writer and photographer with a keen interest in bass fishing? Are you a student of the tournament fishing scene? Can you shoot killer photos one minute and then write a great story the next? Major League Fishing is seeking a motivated, talented, quick-thinking writer/photographer/producer to fill the role of Assistant Editor & Producer for MajorLeagueFishing.com and Bass Fishing Magazine.
The Assistant Editor & Producer will be responsible for writing, copy editing, shooting photos and providing outstanding overall coverage support of the MLF5 and MLF tournament trails for majorleaguefishing.com, MLF social media channels and Bass Fishing magazine. This position requires sharp writing skills, a deft hand with a camera, keen awareness of video storytelling, and proven ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment. Knowledge of tournament bass fishing will help!
This is not a regular 9-to-5 position. This individual will be working as part of a team that covers hundreds of bass fishing tournaments a year, which means traveling, working early in the morning, late at night and on the weekends.
To be considered for this position, submit a resume, examples of your writing and photography, and a compelling cover letter explaining why you’d be the perfect addition to the MLF Digital Media team. Show us some of the skills that will win you an interview and an opportunity to be part of our high-caliber web/magazine/social media crew.
Examples of work performed:
- Apply high-level journalistic skills in producing written and photographic content for the Major League Fishing brands (AP style is a must!)
- Assist in meeting aggressive event-coverage goals, web and magazine deadlines, and brand-friendly content guidelines.
- Contribute new content ideas for multiple digital platforms and tournament circuits.
- Assist the V.P. of Digital Media and Managing Editors (both Website and Magazine) in scheduling, tracking and fulfilling sales deliverables.
- Work closely with other members of the Digital Media team to ensure high-quality, accurate, interesting coverage of both professional and amateur competitions.
- This position includes frequent weekend responsibilities during MLF tournament seasons.
- Could travel multiple days per year to shoot and produce digital content at MLF5 tournaments and events.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Lift 50 lbs. daily
- Work in extreme weather conditions
- High School or GED
- 2-5 years’ experience in writing, photography and photo editing
- BS/BA degree in field or related field
- Knowledge of tournament bass fishing is highly preferred
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Well-developed deadline-writing skills and working knowledge of AP style.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- High level of attention to detail in all aspects of content production.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Experience with cloud-based asset management software (Dropbox, etc.).
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.