Digital Editor – Gun Dog & Wildfowl
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Illinois, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania (Remote)
DEPARTMENT: Digital Editorial
REPORTS TO: Digital Editorial Director
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
Nature of Work:
This position will assist the Gun Dog and Wildfowl brand manager and editorial staff with creating, improving, and maintaining digital content to achieve set business and brand goals. Duties include ensuring all content follows SEO best practices, assisting in monitoring web traffic/metrics, and performing other digital-related tasks.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist with developing a content strategy that aligns with the business goals and objectives of the brand and company.
- Collaborate with the brand and business teams to plan and develop site content, style, and layout.
- Participate in developing engaging content, including proofreading, SEO fine-tuning, and publishing.
- Work with other digital editors and content providers to ensure brand consistency and voice.
- Create balanced, newsworthy (legal, politics, and conservation, etc.) digital content hunting in a fast-paced setting.
- Keep up to date with SEO best practices.
- Use reporting tools to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics.
- Assist the social and marketing teams with content distribution to social media and email newsletter platforms to increase web traffic.
- Maintain a digital editorial calendar.
- Assist in ensuring legal compliance of content (e.g., copyright and data protection).
- Keep current with industry trends and generate new ideas to draw the audience’s attention.
- Write digital articles as needed or warranted.
- Publish digital content to CMS following each brand’s schedule.
- Attend company events and trade shows as needed (approx. three weeks per year).
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
Normal office environment. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or combination of degree and experience, required.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with a proactive approach.
- Must be a team player.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of HTML, affiliate marketing, and web publishing.
- Excellent hands-on experience with MS Office, a CMS (Content Management System such as WordPress), and photo editing software (Photoshop).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K/Employer Match
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.