Media Sales Planner, Ad Sales
NOTICE OF OPENING: Outdoor Sportsman Group
LOCATION: Chicago, IL; Denver, CO
CANDIDATE POOL: Internal/External Candidates
REPORTS TO: VP, Ad Sales Pricing & Planning
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About Our Job
The Ad Sales Planner position will report directly to the Vice President of Ad Sales Pricing and Planning. Under general supervision, the Ad Sales Planner works closely with corporate and/or regional advertising sales staff to facilitate the selling of media advertising by providing plans, research, and marketing elements that meet the needs of clients and agencies. Where appropriate, the Ad Sales planner may have direct sales opportunities to assigned clients and agencies as determined by management.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Develops media proposals which address the priorities and preferences of potential or existing OSG advertising sales customers.
- Works with assigned Account Executive/National Account Manager and Pricing and Planning team to understand scope of proposal requests and independently builds and develops customized media schedules and related sales presentations.
- Submits completed and approved proposals/presentations, plans and related packages to be presented to prospective advertisers with review and approval from Account Executive and/or sales management.
- Reviews proposals going to order to confirm inventory and added value opportunities remain available. Confirms that pricing and inventory requests are within reasonable, customary, and agreed to parameters.
- Monitors and tracks ordered schedules through the sales cycle to ensure that all deal points are adhered to per the expectations of the clients and/or agencies.
- Monitors ordered schedules for delivery of audience guarantees and schedules available inventory for make-goods on an account by account basis according to pre-determined account parameters. Communicates details of booked make-good schedules and receives approvals for schedules from client representatives.
- Creates and distributes pre and post log reporting as needed. Creates campaign wrap-up/review documentation as assigned.
- Develops and updates materials to help account executive and sales management track existing orders, revenue achieved, clearance rates, inventory utilization, and participates in other support-related activities for the assigned account executive including appointment management and prospecting activities.
- Manages new account credit approvals and billing reconciliation. Reviews and resolves all invoice discrepancies and other client/agency issues that might prevent the timely payment of invoices. Regularly communicates with Account Executive, Sales Management and Finance regarding any issue that could result in delayed payment of invoices.
- Updates existing media schedules as needed due to pricing, programming, inventory, and clearance changes during the ordered campaign. Communicates all relevant pricing and schedule information to Account Executive and client/agencies. Confirms that schedule and pricing changes have been correctly implemented within the sales and traffic systems.
- Partners with and supports other Sales Planners, Coordinators, Pricing and Planning management and Traffic department team members as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Motivated self-starter, with outstanding work ethic, who works well autonomously
- Superior sales, presentation, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise, and diplomacy
- Excellent relationship building, customer service and follow-up skills
- Solid interest in the outdoors and comfort with hunting and fishing sports
- Analytical perspective and familiarity with basic media research tools
- Attention to detail with excellent organization and time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Familiarity with sales applications such as ClearSlide, Microsoft Dynamics 365, WideOrbit Network, or other relevant customer and order management systems preferred
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience Requirement – Generally, requires a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in cable TV industry sales and/or administration. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, and strong Power Point skills
Based on qualifications and experience.
- Base Salary Range $50,000 – $55,000
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Spending (HSA)
- Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training